The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

kuau

Workshop Member
Carl and Matt, yep liking the 40 nok mc the latest one.
I am also happy with my cv 75mm 2.5 screw mount.
I also just got the contax 90mm g with a fotodiox adaptor, liking that also.
I sent back my cv 25 for repair, this is was not so happy with at least when shooting at infinity.

steven

scho

I came across two obnoxious plants along the waterfront recently. Both are aliens but only the second is really of serious concern.

A "lovely" female Ginkgo tree loaded with ripe, foul smelling fruit. The city planted these in the park many years ago and aside from the odiferous fruit they are actually beautiful trees.

A new sign at the exit from the boat launching area warning boaters to inspect their boats carefully for Hydrilla. This aquatic plant was just recently found in the area and there is considerable concern that it may become established and clog the local waterways. A large scale herbicide treatment has already been applied, but come spring I suspect this plant will still be around.

jonoslack

Jono: Thanks. :D. I have the Leica R to Nex adapter on the way, but no Leica R lenses.

Cheers, Matt
Hi Matt
Be careful . . . . be very very careful!
I suddenly seem to be the proud owner of:
Leica 28-90 f2.8 f4.5
Leica 21-35 f3.5 f4
Leica 180 f2.8 APO

ebay is so simple! Actually, all together they cost me a little less than a new 35 'lux. and if they're as good as they're cracked up to be I'll be a happy bunny.

jonoslack

I came across two obnoxious plants along the waterfront recently. Both are aliens but only the second is really of serious concern.

A "lovely" female Ginkgo tree loaded with ripe, foul smelling fruit. The city planted these in the park many years ago and aside from the odiferous fruit they are actually beautiful trees.
Hi There

. . . . you can't call a Ginkgo an 'alien'! It's one of the oldest Gymnosperms on the planet (actually, arguable if it's a gymnosperm). It's certainly been around long before the current continent configuration. Enjoy a tree of incredible antiquity, beauty and wonder (even if the fruit are too odiferous on the female!)

m_driscoll

A pretty inexpensive lens that was gathering dust in the used lens display. Focuses at about 6" (why I included the last photo). Thanks for looking.

1. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/4000s; ISO 100

2. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/4000s; ISO 100

3. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/60s; ISO 100

4. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/60s; ISO 100

5. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/100s; ISO 100

6. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/100s; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Matt
Be careful . . . . be very very careful!
I suddenly seem to be the proud owner of:
Leica 28-90 f2.8 f4.5
Leica 21-35 f3.5 f4
Leica 180 f2.8 APO

ebay is so simple! Actually, all together they cost me a little less than a new 35 'lux. and if they're as good as they're cracked up to be I'll be a happy bunny.
Jono, that's a very nice set of Leica R lenses! Are you going to use them on your NEX 5N? Or are you hearing something about the upcoming Leica EVF camera?

I still hold on my Leica R lenses and hope to be able to use them on a native Leica body. Now at least I can use them on NEX 5N.

Paratom

Jono, that's a very nice set of Leica R lenses! Are you going to use them on your NEX 5N? Or are you hearing something about the upcoming Leica EVF camera?

I still hold on my Leica R lenses and hope to be able to use them on a native Leica body. Now at least I can use them on NEX 5N.
You also need the 100 APO ;)

jonoslack

Hi There
Well - I'll start off using them on NEX . . . then I'll think about changing to a Leitax mount for the A77.
I've not heard anything relevant about the Leica upcoming camera . . . have you?

endre novak

5N,- kit lens+ polar filter. one of the very first test shotz.

First post in this thread.
Having read so much,-good,- about the 5N decided to venture into this camera.

Wonder how you, well respected mates, are developing your RAW files, as it seems Lightroom is still not supporting this format?

Thanks,
Endre