The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

Paratom

:ROTFL:
Well, that's why I bought those R lenses - because they don't clash with my M lenses. To be honest, although the M lenses are really good fun to use on the NEX, and except for the real wides the results are fine; I'd much rather use them on an M9. Just like I'd much rather use the R lenses on a Leica solution (here's hoping).

Thanks for the kind words - it was a pretty morning and hard to go wrong - but the R lenses really are good to use on the NEX - handle nicely, and easy to focus. . . . . more to the point, unlike my previous excursions into using the 'wrong' lenses with adapters, these are NOT irritating!
I admit I have looked a bit for used 28-90s...but I would only buy if I get a very good deal.
Because in the end I hope for AF lenses if Leica comes with a solution/mirrorless camera.

Re: Couple more from Paris...

João: Great captures, both of them! :thumbs: The Backlighting in #1 works very well imho and gives a very special sentiment to this one, #2: perfect casting and timing result in remarkable tension - and a superb composition for both. Like them very much. Nice PP also. :salute:

Terry

João - both of the Paris shots above are wonderful but I especially like your processing on the metro shot. Wonderful color.

C

CoDaQue

Thank you all for the kind comments.

PP is done with Lr3 + Nik Siver Efex or Nik Color Efex.

Uwe: ISO on metro shot was 500 I think (I am not at home).

I think the noise reduction apllied is Ok for web, but I might need a different approach for bigger sizes.

Lens was the kit 18-55 (the only one I have), and it was tricky to adjust all of the distortion corrections.

I have a CCTv 35 f1.7 on order (to cheap to pass on!).

But I am still conflicted to invest or not in lens for the NEX, and if I do, if I go NEX E-Mount or RF primes or legacy lens (canon FD, etc).

OTOH the little NEX has shown me that the sensor in my Oly E3 is very very dated...which is a shame since the Zuiko lenses I have (specially the 7-14 and 12-60) are quite nice optically and very rugged.

WBR,

m_driscoll

João: Great captures, both of them! :thumbs: The Backlighting in #1 works very well imho and gives a very special sentiment to this one, #2: perfect casting and timing result in remarkable tension - and a superb composition for both. Like them very much. Nice PP also. :salute:
Excellent! Which lens and ISO?
João - both of the Paris shots above are wonderful but I especially like your processing on the metro shot. Wonderful color.
:thumbs: I agree...just wonderful.
João: +5! All of the above! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Shac

All the shots posted are really excellent IMO - so much so that I have ordered a 5n with kit lens, a used 16/2.8 along with adapters for my Leica M, R and Nikon lenses - I'm having a hard time awaiting their arrival.

I guess thanks are in order to all the image posters:ROTFL:

Bimjo

christmas decorations

Wyf picked up some new ornaments for the tree the other day. Etched red glass balls. Thought they looked neat with the window light hitting them.

Tamron 28-75@f/5.6/75mm on a 5N from about 2 feet. Background color variation was by choice, nothing the camera did weird.

scho

Complex cloud formations associated with an approaching cold front. NEX-5N with Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon. Stitched from 4 images (handheld) in CS5 with SEPro2 for B&W conversion.

Last edited: