The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

jonoslack

Hi there
Endre - that shadow is a winner
Jthurs - I love the attitude of the Wrestlers (and the outfits), but the tree is even better - looks like some kind of real world mandlebrot set. Excellent.

CoDaQe - the band shot really is excellent

Carl - I'm with Uwe - your cold front shot seems to me to need something else - although I'm not sure that warmer is it either - I feel I can say this because so many of your shots are so fantastic! Please feel free to have a go at me i return!

all the best

jonoslack

Here are some early morning shots.
The first few are out and about with the 18-200 just before dawn (a chilly -5C run this morning . . brrrrr) - the others are afterwards with the warm early morning light splashing through the kitchen windows and the coffee on the hotplate.

endre novak

Here are some early morning shots.
The first few are out and about with the 18-200 just before dawn (a chilly -5C run this morning . . brrrrr) - the others are afterwards with the warm early morning light splashing through the kitchen windows and the coffee on the hotplate.

all of them are great, like the chilly one (not the cold but the image)

Paratom

I really like the 2 lanscapes. I also think the warm color one and the b/w would look very good side by side.

jonoslack

Endre - Tom - thanks for the kind words - one thing I did notice was a very grubby sensor . . . . . . with the 5n

Bad News - it's easy to get a dirty sensor
Good News - it's easy to clean a dirty sensor!

endre novak

Endre - Tom - thanks for the kind words - one thing I did notice was a very grubby sensor . . . . . . with the 5n

Bad News - it's easy to get a dirty sensor
Good News - it's easy to clean a dirty sensor!
Slightly unsure, is there any mechanism against dust in the 5n?
(DMCG1 was/is quite good in this respect,- no dust on the sensor)

jonoslack

Slightly unsure, is there any mechanism against dust in the 5n?
(DMCG1 was/is quite good in this respect,- no dust on the sensor)
yes - I'm pretty sure there is something - mine had a splurge of olive oil on it (or something similar) :). No dust remover will get rid of that!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Peter,

Great exposure, composition .... and nice to see that you still
have that discerning eye for an arresting composition. Oh...just imagine
life in the Southern Hemisphere!

Love it ...

Bob

PeterA

Hi Bob : Well Melbourne is now moving towards Summer so many pretty sites in the city - I made a few snaps on my way back from a camera store where I picked up a couple of Sony A adaptors ..and couldn't help myself but bouhgt teh last remaining 130/1.8 for a very sweet price

I really like the direction Sony is heading in with these cameras and technology - perfect little street shooters.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Melbourne is now moving towards Summer so many pretty sites in the city - I made a few snaps on my way back from a camera store where I picked up a couple of Sony A adaptors ..and couldn't help myself but bouhgt teh last remaining 130/1.8 for a very sweet price

I really like the direction Sony is heading in with these cameras and technology - perfect little street shooters.
Peter,

I gave up on the NEX 7 arrival...bought a Richox GXR A12 M ...

Love the Sony color and the 135 ZA is one of the premier lenses ... images so well.

It has been raining non-stop here for a couple of days...will continue as it turns to sleet on Monday.

However I am off to Togo in February for a couple of weeks...so chasing summer - not Melbourne but will have to do for the present.

Keep the post coming...I am sure that I am not the only one here living large vicariously.

Bob

Bimjo

I was digging around in the closet this afternoon and found my Pentacon 6 300/4 lens that hasn't seen the light of day literally in years. So I drug it out, mounted it up on the tripod and hooked up the 5N.

Took a couple of shots of the tree topper my wife made. First shot is the full frame, the second is a slight crop. Both shots from about 18 feet @ f/4.

Rich M

Shot with the CV 90/3.5 APO-Lanthar

CV 180/4 APO-Lanthar

They seem to match up pretty well to the NEX sensor.

R