The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

PeterA

Nex5n with 50 pre-aspherical lux - this combo has become my favourite carry with me at all times kit now - the focus peeking is fantastic tech. * anyone know what the camera in the pic is? -:)

H

hinioman

1/1000 sec, f/8.0, 33mm, iso 100, 0 Ev, kit zoom, 5N

Like others, I am liking my NEX more everyday with more usage. It has lightened up my camera bag by a great portion of the weight of a dSLR. I can only wish the kit zoom to be a tiny bit smaller going closer to the 16mm pancake. But performance-wise, I actually enjoy the kit zoom very much. I am a casual shooter who doesn't go the route of pixel peeping. Some may complain about it from all sorts of deficiencies and I for one appreciate for what it is and what it is not. And I especially like the silent AF, the OSS, and its good close up in the 55mm long end of the zoom.

Cheers,
Hin

PeterA

T- streng- ya got it..( you must be a gearhead):ROTFL:

and Sinwen thanks ( I think) I just sprayed my monitor with my morning cofee laughing ...at the quote above :)

jonoslack

Or possibly you're both gear heads?
Or conceivably Tom can read what it says on the back of the camera? Those old leica lenses are pretty blurry, but even I can read the Sinar bit on the back1!

Enough Joshing - isn't' the focus peaking wonderful - I prefer my NEX 5n with the 50 lux asph . . . but I guess we don't need to fight about it.

all the best

PeterA

well Jono I guess the sinar digi back may have provided a clue, that being said i also use same back on two or three non Sinar MF systems via adaptor....:bugeyes: Still I am sad to see that Sinar have discontinued the Sinar M camera - a unique system

as for focus peeking it makes it possible to use my leica M glass on the handy camera - really i think in many ( but not all) circumstances the focus peeking is better than the rangefineder system for my purposes as it provides an outline of all that is in focus as far as contrast focus systems goes - in stationary 'targets' this means a level of precision probably better than rangefinder focussing ( eg when you want one eye dead on - of course focu speeking also remioves the whoel issue of back or forward focussing which impact negatively on certain lux lenses -espcially when used wide open

t streng - I wish it was my camera sytem - these versions of the Zeiss formulations I already have in CFE form -are not only autofocus enabled unlike the V lenses) they are also considerably better performers optically in fact these lenses on the Sinar M are (almost) comparable in IQ to the S2 Leica lenses (IMHO) - which is high praise.

I can say *hand on heart that at this stage I am not a proud owner - but curiosity is definately awakened...

Still this is all off topic my apologies..and will post some Nex5N shots this evening.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Lots of nice photos in this thread!

I took these yesterday and today. The first is a little Church out near Goldfield, AZ. Today I was at Tempe Lake in Tempe, AZ.
NEX 5N and Jupiter 3 5cm f/1.5

NEX 5N and Leica WA tri-Elmar 16, 18, 21 f/4

Last edited:

PeterA

This crop shows why I am happy with focus peeking - I could focus on the eye of this magpie - much harder to do with rangefinder focusing.

xtianyves

Hi everyone. I just recently got a 5N and am still in the process of finding the right rangefinder, manual focus lens for it but so far am loving the 18-55 kit zoom and change in style of shooting.

I typically take my X100 everywhere but really missed the versatility of shooting with different lenses hence the move to the 5N. I do 90% of my shooting during dusk and after sunset so the sensor's high ISO performance really drew me in and am very impressed even with just the kit lens so far! I can't wait to see how this little Sony performs with larger apertures!

Here are a couple of quick snapshots I took on the way home from work.

Through the Looking Glass

And one in front of Vancouver's best place for cheescake:

Single Serving by christianyves, on Flickr