The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

ustein

Contributing Editor
I have to wait till Monday. What if you show your NEX-5N shots here (if you got it already)?

scho

I have to wait till Monday. What if you show your NEX-5N shots here (if you got it already)?
Good idea Uwe. I've been putting my 5N shots here, but will start using this thread for new images. Did you also order the EVF for the 5N? It is really outstanding - best I've seen so far.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Did you also order the EVF for the 5N?

Without the EVF I would not even look at the 5N. Have the 5 and the EVF was the major letdown. EVF is in but not the camera :)

jonoslack

Tempted Tempted
However, a couple of weeks in Crete with the EP3 and the VF2 viewfinder has convinced me that it's okay, necessary, and the Olympus one certainly took knocks. . . . . . . ... but a built in like the NEX7 certainly seems like a better option . . . but one has to wait!

ustein

Contributing Editor
I like the A12-M with my 55mm Micro Nikkor. The Leica lenses are sharper but not as versatile.

Was actually posted in the wrong thread. But plan the same images with the NEX-5N :)

Last edited:

scho

I posted this shot in the other Sony images thread, but re-processed for this post. Now using RawPhotoProcessor for converting the NEX-5N raw images (seems to give cleaner, more natural results than either RawDeveloper or the Sony raw converter).

Canon FD 50mm f/1.2 at f/1.2.

jonoslack

ahh -ooh aah - stop already.
I wasn't even thinking of this camera - was going to wait for the NEX7 - now I'm tempted. Especially having bitten the bullet and put all my Pentax and m4/3 kit up for sale.

Carl - the flowers are lovely - really fine. (thinking about my Nocti!)
waardij - that panorama is working well.

Uwe - as usual your black and whites are lovely

all the best

waardij

It is a 'traditional' panorama, made with a pano head, on a tripod. Sweep does not work so well if there is a close foreground and I wanted the dynamic range and resolution of RAW.
The resolution and detail of the 5n are amazing. Iso100 is also an improvement.

scho

I like the A12-M with my 55mm Micro Nikkor. The Leica lenses are sharper but not as versatile.
Was actually posted in the wrong thread. But plan the same images with the NEX-5N :)
Very nice B&W compositions Uwe. Looking forward to your comparison of the A12-M to NEX5 with M mount lenses.
my first try to add a picture.

panorama with Nikon 25-50 at 25mm
Well done pano waardij. Looks like the Nikon zoom is a good performer on the NEX.
ahh -ooh aah - stop already.
I wasn't even thinking of this camera - was going to wait for the NEX7 - now I'm tempted. Especially having bitten the bullet and put all my Pentax and m4/3 kit up for sale.

Carl - the flowers are lovely - really fine. (thinking about my Nocti!)
waardij - that panorama is working well.

Uwe - as usual your black and whites are lovely

all the best
Thanks Jono. My Pentax gear is also being sent out for sale, along with the X100. Just think of the 5N as training wheels for the upcoming NEX7:ROTFL:
Focus peaking with the NEX should really let you nail focus with that Nocti.

jonoslack

Thanks Jono. My Pentax gear is also being sent out for sale, along with the X100. Just think of the 5N as training wheels for the upcoming NEX7:ROTFL:
Focus peaking with the NEX should really let you nail focus with that Nocti.
That's the way I'm thinking - but I must be good until it's all on ebay . . . . tomorrow maybe! Mind you, I don't think the 5n is readily available in the UK yet anyway. My X100 went ages ago.

jonoslack

I must stay off this thread and out of the forum.
No No - it's only about making a decision between m4/3 and NEX, it doesn't have to be terminal (and of course you can use both). I was thinking before that the available lenses was the issue. It isn't that it's not an issue, but in the final analysis I think that if you can add any lens you like it's the sensor that counts . . . and i don't think there is much of a contest between the current m43 and the sony sensors - not really to do with sensor size, just that right now, Sony seem to be ahead of the game.