The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A77 compared to the Olympus E1 (first impressions)

Michiel Schierbeek

BTW Jono You're E1 is starting to look a little dusty!
So many cameras ago hey, but you just couldn't sell it. :)

Standing in line for the Nex7 and waiting for the Ricoh A28 Leica M module.
No need for mirrors in any form anymore.

Nice deer shots!

Best, Michiel

emr

But I really enjoy trying out new cameras, a satisfying occupation, as they're all so incredibly good these days.
They are probably all pretty good, but even more I suspect it's your Midas touch. To me it looks like whatever camera you use, the results are gold.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
They are probably all pretty good, but even more I suspect it's your Midas touch. To me it looks like whatever camera you use, the results are gold.
That's the problem with Jono New Camera threads. Every one is a must-buy!

It's a good thing he never got an S2. ;)

Matt

jonoslack

Thank you . . .

and Matt as well - the S2 was so close . . . I'd really love to have one, but I think it's too big for my casual (very casual) style.

yatlee

HI There
As you say - the manual focus is really splendid - with the dedicated MF button just next to the AE lock, together with focus peaking it really does work well.

I wish I had some of those R lenses to put on it - incidentally, do they have modified mounts or an adapter to go on to the A mount?

all the best
Hi Jono,

All my R lenses are modified with Leitax mount and "chip" - it preset to the proper max aperture with Image Stabilization on.

One thing to correct from my post above, I meant to say I can't stop down with the A850 as it darken the viewfinder too much for the focus confirmation to work.

Yat