The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share Your A77 Images Here

jonoslack

Very nice Jono. The third one has almost a 3-D quality to it.
Joe
Thank you Joe
I was pleased with that shot as well. I couldn't get hold of the 16-50, but actually, I'm beginning to think that the 35-105 equivalent of the SZ might be more enticing anyway - of course it's bigger, but not that much bigger - I carried it around in one hand for a couple of hours today without a problem.

all the best

ecsh

I finally got a copy of the 16-50 myself, and hope to get out and about with it soon. Early quick clicks at least shows promise.
Joe

PeterA

In the city we live on the river near the mouth of the harbour in what used to be all docklands, now slowly being redeveloped. The afternoon light sets over the harbour and points down the river at a certain time - mostly unremarkable but set against a backdrop of storm clouds sometimes the quality of light is stunning splashing against older warehouses or office skyscrapers further up the river..I squeezed a few snaps this afternoon..probably not thte ideal lens for the job - a 135 ( it is the only lens I have for the A77 at the moment.)

etrigan63

With the Nikon D4 announced (and priced out of my league) my upgrade path from my D700 has become a bit muddy. Has anyone shot ballet with the A77? How good is the Sony 70-200 G zoom vs. the Nikkor 70-200 VR1? What kind of battery life are you guys getting in the real world?

Mark K

etrigan63....I am quite sure D800 is almost ready for the market, with 36MP Sony sensor and I do not think A77 is in anyway closer to D700 in terms of IQ....just my personal experience. As for the lens, both are very good choices and both needs upgrade. That comes the place for VR2 and perhaps a newer Sony
Nikon is always good at power management. My a77 needs many more batteries. One fully charged can be used for 300 shots.

Paratom

By the way - whats the opinion about the new 16-50mm lens?
Are there more samples around now/more experience to share?

jonoslack

Hi Tom
Silas swears by it . . .I can't really excuse it as I already have the Zeiss 24-70 etc.
it feels, looks and handles nicely - that I can say.

jonoslack

Mark - that's lovely

I've just received and fitted the A mount to my £300 Leica 70-200 f4 . . . but no time to shoot yet.

Here's a chilly shot with the 16-80 at f4

Here's one with the Zeiss 24 f2 (what a nice lens, but not $200!)

Rich M

C'mon guys......I keep looking and looking here for those A77 shots with that FINE A-mount glass.

I guess the NEX 7 is just the better camera..... :)

R

Matix

Well ok, have been snowed under with work and moving office... but the rain came down, and then in the early AM I put on the Tamron 70-300mm USD and caught the rain drops on this little Tea Rose.. about 3cm in size, a little beauty.

I find this lens on the A77 is an amazing combination, still no complaints with the A77, did a 5 week trip to the UK over Christmas, and it served me well.

Phil

Rich M

Crikey......those are great captures Jono.....and Matix, the Tamron (and the person behind it) takes some nice shots.

R

Matix

Thanks Rich, appreciate the comment.... as Chief Dan George said in a movie... "sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't" but I am finding the A77 and a few select lenses make it work for me most of the time.

Phil

Jim DE

It amazes me at just how good some of the Tamron glass is when used on Sony cameras. I am not a third party glass kinda guy but years ago I knew some Minolta glass was rebadged Tamron glass. Figured if it was good enough for Minolta then I needed to see if they were good enough for me. I know one rebadged Tamron was my 28-75 f2.8 and it is still a favorite of mine today.