The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share Your A77 Images Here

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks for sharing your Coucal, Phil - I learn something on this site every day!

I really like the a77 with the 70-400G for wildlife. It has the FOV of a 600 mm and enough pixels that you can do some serious cropping. (I took the a900 with the 24-70 for general shooting.)

Bill

jonoslack

Lots of great stuff Bill - love the black and white trees particularly.
Matt - like the first shot through the window particularly.

Here's a quiet moment just before sunset on the Li river:

m_driscoll

Ashwin photographing me with the Fuji X-Pro1;and, some front yard shots with the very capable 70-300mm, I bought, right after Ashwin photographed me.

A77; 16-50mm f/2.8; 16mm; 1/60s @ f/4; ISO 200

A77; 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6; 300mm; 1/400s @ f/5.6; ISO 3200

A77; 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6; 300mm; 1/160s @ f/5.6; ISO 3200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

jonoslack

Ashwin photographing me with the Fuji X-Pro1;and, some front yard shots with the very capable 70-300mm, I bought, right after Ashwin photographed me.
Lovely Matt - that 70-300G is a fine lens (I just carried it all around China!)

is the X-pro1 yours or Ashwin's?

I'd love to meet up with you guys, but it's a bit of a long trek!

m_driscoll

Lovely Matt - that 70-300G is a fine lens (I just carried it all around China!)
is the X-pro1 yours or Ashwin's?
I'd love to meet up with you guys, but it's a bit of a long trek!
Jono: It came in for me, last week. I passed, based on its size and potentially, not so good, performance with M glass. If it was the size of the X100, I might have got it. Fortunately, it wasn't, and I avoided another expensive (not by Leica standards, of course) tangential system purchase. :D Ashwin passed, also (unless he went back that afternoon?).

The 70-300 is a fine lens. It be a great zoom for a trip like yours.

It be fun to meet up with you too. This Tuesday, Ashwin and I, are going to meet Lloyd and his wife Mimi. They're passing through Seattle on their way back to SLC. We're going to see if we can talk Lloyd into a shared photo trip to the Utah Canyon Lands, later this year. He'd be a terrific guide.

Bill: Your Africa shots are wonderful!! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

jonoslack

Jono: It came in for me, last week. I passed, based on its size and potentially, not so good, performance with M glass. If it was the size of the X100, I might have got it. Fortunately, it wasn't, and I avoided another expensive (not by Leica standards, of course) tangential system purchase. :D Ashwin passed, also (unless he went back that afternoon?).
My feelings exactly - the NEX7 makes a fine p&s with the kit lens, and a reasonable backup with Leica M and R lenses - total flexibility (I was amazed to realise that the NEX7 actually will take every lens I have). Added to which the Zeiss focuses so close as to be almost a macro lens!

In Terry's situation with no M9 and no M glass it would be a different situation: It's obviously a grand camera.

The 70-300 is a fine lens. It be a great zoom for a trip like yours.
For most of the trip it was the only lens I had on the A77 (we left a lot of stuff in Hangzhou while we behaved like hippies on the Li river). I had 2 M9 bodies with a couple of lenses (28 'cron, 50 'lux 75 'cron), and the A77 with the 70-300 - it worked really well

It be fun to meet up with you too. This Tuesday, Ashwin and I, are going to meet Lloyd and his wife Mimi. They're passing through Seattle on their way back to SLC. We're going to see if we can talk Lloyd into a shared photo trip to the Utah Canyon Lands, later this year. He'd be a terrific guide.
Bugger - maybe I should just hop on a plane :) - I'd love to meet Lloyd and Mimi as well - please give them big hugs from the UK

Bill: Your Africa shots are wonderful!! :thumbup:
+1 (or, more likely, +20 :) )- great stuff Bill