The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share Your A77 Images Here

dhsimmonds

Thanks, Dave. Wasn't daylight actually - but there was certainly more light in the sky than on the owl which could be barely seen with naked eye against that light.

I have tried the built in magnification but I just can't live with jpgs! I did do a comparison shoot - x2 in the camera jpg against a 50% crop to the Raw file on my Mac and I liked the latter better. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm going to have another go at processing the owl by masking the bright areas behind him.

Best, Bill
I did that once on shot of a male Lion standing on a branch about 25 feet up. Early morning light with a most uninteresting light grey sky and I swapped the original for a blue sky peeping through the foliage, it which worked a treat.

Matix

A full moon, Sunset in the West and Moon Rise in the East.

I had to give it a shot, just take off to try and shoot the super moon on the Sunday. According to the Photographers Epherimus it rose at 5:13pm, and the sun set at 5:12pm... one minute apart. The night before I had taken a shot of the moon at 98% full with the A77 and the Tamron 70-300mm USD, hand held. No time to use a tripod, so took the shot while on the lawn at home, it worked out well so Sunday I drove 50km out to Mutdapilly, a spot I knew that had a clear view of the moon rise.

Some fun pics, not necessarily text book but I am happy with them, and who cares about the low light noise etc, not me.

First shot, the hand held at home.....

SLT-A77V, f/8 @ 300 mm, 1/2500, ISO 400

Then out at Mutdapilly, SE Qld... soft ground, lots of grass underfoot, could not get a solid tripod footing so left the IS on.

Moon peeking over the treeline of Flinders Peak.

SLT-A77V, f/9 @ 300 mm, 1/80, ISO 320

In the next shot, with in Camera HDR the scene was strangely lit by the sunset behind me, I liked the effect so the intersting contrast and shade worked for me.

SLT-A77V, f/4.5 @ 85 mm, 1/15, ISO 320

And finally, with the Tamron 17-50mm fitted I turned to the west and took a quick shot of the last of the sunset, I have never tried a moonrise and sunset at the same moment in time... I kinda like what I got.. as I said, it was a fun shoot.

SLT-A77V, f/4 @ 24 mm, 1/60, ISO 1250

Phil

Matix

Nice series, Phil!
Bill
Thanks Bill, the A77 has not let me down yet... I enjoy the flexibility in the gear, matches my decreasing level of the same!!

I have been enjoying your work of late, you have some fine shots there... makes me want to travel more, I was in Canada for a few weeks in April, but in BC where our head office is. Work took me there, I have a daughter in Kelowna so was a good visit, never been up your way but your shots make me want to reconsider that!

Phil

Mark K

Brought D800 and A77 together today and was surprised to find out the flexibility and ability of A77 in shooting in the wild.

iiiNelson

Here's a few from today taken with our forgotten friend the A77. All shots taken with the 16-50/2.8 and 70-200/2.8

pegelli

Nice shots HiredArm, especially like the watermill reflections you have in there.

I don't have an A77, but last year was allowed to use one from a friend for a couple of hours. Your post here motivated me to go back to that series and process a few more. They're all from November 2011 during a weekend in Madrid but sofar they've been sleeping on my hard drive:

1: Damn, it was not free:D

2: Statue

3: Plaza Espana

4: Another Statue

5: Templo de Debod

6: Madrid, city of windows and balconies

1,2,3 with the Minolta 80-200HS G
4,5 with the Sony 18-80CZ
6 with the Minolta 85/1.4RS
all exif's with exposure date are in the files.

iiiNelson

Thanks for the compliments. I took a local photo class just to get out the house and it wasn't expensive. I didn't really learn anything "new" but sometimes it's good to go over the basics or simply engage with other photographers and enthusiasts. I normally shoot the M and NEX bodies but I decided not to be the "weirdo" without an SLR.