The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

best 75-90mm lens for nex5n

kuau

Workshop Member
New to the Sony Nex system and
looking for a 75-90mm lens for my new nex 5n.
I was thinking a leica 75mm summarit, leica 90mm summarit or a Zeiss 85mm ZM.
I want to keep it as small as possible.

Has anyone tried any of theses combos? If so which performs well.
Using a nex - m adaptor will I have access to infinity focus?
Which adaptor should I be considering?

Thanks

Steven

Nebster

I have the 75/2. Heavy, but beefy and I think the mass helps damp my handholding tremors. I find this is about as long as I like to go for my style of shooting. Get the hawk adapter... then you can go much closer /and/ out to infinity easily.

kuau

Workshop Member
Which mount are you using on the contax and how does it focus at infinity?
Steven

alphaman

I also recommend the Contax G 90/2.8. It is a superb lens and also very cheap compared to the Leica and Zeiss (M). Ken Rockwell has a very high opinion of the lens too http://www.kenrockwell.com/contax/g-system.htm#90, take a look.

I use a cheap Contax G to NEX adapter bought on Ebay for about £32 (GBP) and have found it to be quite satisfactory, except that it focuses beyond infinity, however that doesn't matter to me.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
Another high recommendation for Contax G 90/2.8. It's an excellent lens with beautiful Zeiss renditions. I use a cheap adapter but it works fine.

kuau

Workshop Member
I Just rented from Lensrentals,com the CV 75mm 1.8 with a fotodiox new adaptor,
it does focus past infinity, yet overall the lens performs very well on the nex5n.
I was thinking about trying the CV25mm anyone have any experience with them?
After reading about all the headaches with the contax G adaptor I think I may stick with CV lenses.