The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7 test images up on Imaging Resource - WOW!

douglasf13

:)

Hi

no, I meant it differently. Let's assume you only have a Leica 35/1.4 and a 50/1.4.

If you use i.e. the 35/1.4 lens on a NEX7, you would end up in a kind of a similar crop, but a bigger DOF then the same photo made with the 50/1.4 mm lens on the M9. But you do not want to go more "tele" in that situation for other reasons.

Would that not bother you? With APS-C I find the background often too much distracting compared to FF. I have often situations, where I can not choose another background or another distance to the subject.
The difference doesn't bother me all that much. It really only becomes an issue when working at extremes. Shooting a 35mm f1.4 on NEX is roughly equivalent to a 50mm f2 on a 135 sensor, and I'm not always a strictly shallow DOF type shooter.

douglasf13

+1.

Plus, at 24 meg. which lenses you use will also be revealing. I sure am not getting this puppy to use the kit lens on it :)

-Marc
I ordered the NEX-7 with the kit zoom simply so that I have stabilized video option for my generic home movies of the family. Granted, the kit zoom is actually capable of pretty high resolution in the middle 2/3rds of the frame.

Millsart

I ordered the NEX-7 with the kit zoom simply so that I have stabilized video option for my generic home movies of the family. Granted, the kit zoom is actually capable of pretty high resolution in the middle 2/3rds of the frame.
I ordered it with the kit zoom, in addition to the body only option, because I don't know which version will ship first lol

Terry

I ordered it with the kit zoom, in addition to the body only option, because I don't know which version will ship first lol
LOL - same instructions my dealer has.....whichever ships first. I have the kit zoom in silver already. The price of the kit is only $100 more so not a huge deal.

jonoslack

Yeah Jono, I also have both the AF kit lenses, and they most certainly do have their place ... I've used the 16mm as a pocket camera that actually fits in a pocket when in social situations like my wife's company parties. If I brought something more Pro looking, I just end up having to shoot stuff because people there know I'm a professional photographer ... instead of enjoying the party. :)

I need to at LEAST have something in hand that's better than my wife's iPhone 4 ... which she is pretty darned good at using :eek:

-Marc
LOL
Have you tried the camera on the iPhone 4s yet? - it really is extremely good - A4 prints sharp right into the corners - I haven't tried an A3 yet - but I suspect that'll be useable as well.

. . . . . . and I've used the 16mm as well, it's fine for pocketable, and you can make the corners sharp(ish) at f8 as well.

I do wish Apple would hurry up with RAW support on the A77 though - but perhaps it'd be better to wait so that they can do the NEX7 at the same time

all the best