The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nex vs A77 vs A580 vs A900 vs others

Godfrey

I've been watching the M9 creeping up on you Godfrey - good luck with the project!
LOL ... Oh, the money's in the bank already now. I'm just waiting to see whether I really really need/want it for the work I want to accomplish.

I'm ultra-conservative about spending so much for a body. I'll spend that on lenses much faster ... !

jonoslack

LOL ... Oh, the money's in the bank already now. I'm just waiting to see whether I really really need/want it for the work I want to accomplish.

I'm ultra-conservative about spending so much for a body. I'll spend that on lenses much faster ... !
You could always wait for an M10 . . .
I'm not very convinced about 'need' with cameras these days . . . but I'm much to susceptible to 'want' :)

Right now what I 'want' is a Leica R 28-90 . . . . it's a terrible disease!

Godfrey

You could always wait for an M10 . . .
I'm not very convinced about 'need' with cameras these days . . . but I'm much to susceptible to 'want' :) ...
It is possible I'll wait for an M10 release and pick up an M9-P used shortly afterwards. I've only rarely purchased on the bleeding edge (K10D, E-5, GXR-M, that's about it in forty-some years) ... One wave behind is generally a lot more sensible. At least you know what the issues are.

But getting back to the Sonys ... ;-)

jonoslack

It is possible I'll wait for an M10 release and pick up an M9-P used shortly afterwards. I've only rarely purchased on the bleeding edge (K10D, E-5, GXR-M, that's about it in forty-some years) ... One wave behind is generally a lot more sensible. At least you know what the issues are.
. . . . but that's the excitement - finding out what the issues are! Good issues as well as bad of course, and there are plenty of good issues with these new Sonys

Godfrey

. . . . but that's the excitement - finding out what the issues are! Good issues as well as bad of course, and there are plenty of good issues with these new Sonys
That's fine if your intent is to find issues and experiment with gear and software ... and I do enjoy some of that. But my primary interest is in creating and presenting photographs and derivative art works, not experimentation with gear and software.