The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hawks LEICA-M L-M to SONY NEX E-mount MACRO TUBE HELICOID Available now!

V

Vivek

I am not sure there was another thread on this adapter (I searched for 2 days) but rather than starting a new thread, I will ad a few things here.

I have two of these now bought from John (JLM) and Jonas here. Possibly V1 and V2.

I took out all the screws, cleaned the threads and put them back with new loctite. The helicoid was also washed off to remove the original grease and regreased with a slightly stronger version.

I had to do this to minimize the wobble. Now, there is still a slight wobble and it does affect the sharpness. In some cases where the lens is too sharp for the NEX, this is a blessing in disguise. No moire.

camping

Hi Vivek

Thanks for your post.

I thought that my lens was moving but now I see that the helicoid has a very slight wabble.

I will try your remedy. What new grease (synthetic?) did you use? Is it quite stable at higher summer temperatures and still fluid enough at lower temperatures ( -20 C)?

I always appreciate your technical and exotic lens input.

Paul