The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for superb ZA 85mm examples

peterb

I'm interested in the 85mm ZA f1.4 for either a NEX 5N or A65 (that I also am looking into). I've looked on Flickr and looked at other places but a lot of the images are less than stellar. I figured there HAS to be some here.

So..if anyone here has some extraordinary examples that show off this lens' capability I'd love to see them. I'm particularly interested in its bokeh capability.

Also any impressive shots with the ZA 16-80 would be great too!

Thanks!

m_driscoll

Peter: "Stellar" is or course relative. The 85mm ZA f/1.4 is really a great lens.

Here's a couple with the SLT-A77:

And, a couple with the NEX-5N:

I've got the ZA 16-80, but haven't shot anything with it.

Cheers, Matt

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Peter, I am away from my studio right now so can't send you any, but rest assured this is the equal of any other Zeiss tele. I sold a perfect 135/2 and replaced it with this—same IQ, for me at least, and a much handier length in the studio.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Peter, I am away from my studio right now so can't send you any, but rest assured this is the equal of any other Zeiss tele. I sold a perfect 135/1.8 and replaced it with this—same IQ, for me at least, and a much handier length in the studio. I use mine on the A850.

Last edited:

douglasf13

I took this at f2 on the A900. The camera was actually hanging around my neck, and I blindly shot and got lucky, so that's why the subject is so oriented in the center of the frame. I'd probably crop it for display, but I wanted to show you the whole frame, since you're curious about the lens.

FlypenFly