The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Possible Good News!

etrigan63

SonyAlphaRumors has reported that Sony has converted one of its plants in Chonburi from making car audio to DSLR/NEX production as of last Friday.

This bodes well for Sony making a fairly rapid recovery. Here's hope my NEX-7 will appear in January!

hot

THREE GB dealers anounce at geizhals.at since WEEKS(!) that NEX7 is IN STOCK.
Since weeks I ignore such fakers!

UKdigital, ukoptics, Argos ... yeah, aaaaall in stoooooock!

Some days ago Argos wrote "delivery in 2-3 days" .... now "in 14 days" ... hihi, how much silly guys will believe this fairy tale?

http://geizhals.at/eu/675234

etrigan63

Dpreview reports that Sony USA has confirmed this. No news as to when shipments will resume/start. I called my dealer and he is going to ping his sales rep. Let's see if tentacle #624 knows what tentacle #223 is up to...

dhsimmonds

Amateur Photographer have a full review in this week's issue.

Their headline is that it is NOT a Leica M9.......it's much better!

So they managed to get their hands one!

etrigan63

Dave, is there any way I can get a PDF of that article? Subscribing to Amateur Photographer here in the US is prohibitively expensive ($261 USD/year).

dhsimmonds

The AP does have a web site but they don't put their articles on line otherwise they wouldn't sell any magazines! I would be happy to buy a copy for you and send it if you care to send me a PM with your address details etc.?

alphaman

THREE GB dealers anounce at geizhals.at since WEEKS(!) that NEX7 is IN STOCK.
Since weeks I ignore such fakers!

UKdigital, ukoptics, Argos ... yeah, aaaaall in stoooooock!

Some days ago Argos wrote "delivery in 2-3 days" .... now "in 14 days" ... hihi, how much silly guys will believe this fairy tale?

http://geizhals.at/eu/675234

It would be funny if it turned out to be true! Maybe Argos knows something we don't?

In Greek mythology Argos is a giant with a hundred eyes, who knows? :ROTFL:

dhsimmonds

Funnily enough, when I was desperately looking for an A700 body as a back-up for my A900 for a trip to Botswana last year, I couldn't really find a good used copy in any of the usual haunts but Argos came up as having a brand new one in stock! :thumbs:

It was delivered pronto, it had the latest firmware even though the A700 had been out of production for over a year! A good price too so don't write them off too soon! :rolleyes:

Now the A900 rides as backup to my A77!

etrigan63

Got word from two sources that NEX-7 and A77 are in full production mode at the new factory. We should expect shipments "soon".

durrIII

My dealer has an A77 in stock, but not the NEX7. I am first on the list to get the NEX7. I will let you guys know when it arrives.

V

Vivek

The Zeiss E-Sonnar 24/1.8 is available at the Sony stores (Netherlands).

jonoslack

The Zeiss E-Sonnar 24/1.8 is available at the Sony stores (Netherlands).
Ah!
Vivek - I'm in Bergen-op-zoom, but my reading of dutch is not grand. Where's the nearest shop I can go and get one! (working in Moerdijk)

all the best