The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A850 images on the darker side

I'm finding the images out of my Sony Alpha 850 about 2/3 of a stop darker then out of my A700. Is it only me or are you finding the same?

pegelli

Are your images 2/3 stop darker then the A700 at the same exposure setting (time/aperture/iso) or is your camera simply underexposing 2/3 stop vs. your A700?

Secondly, are you doing the comparison on raw files using ACR or lightroom? There it is known that the default setting for the exposure should be somewhere around -0.5 ~ -0.75 to compensate for the fact that Adobe interprets the A700 files much too bright vs. other converters, while the A850/A900 seems very comparable to other converters at the default exposure setting of 0.

Last edited:
J

Jjcra

I'm finding the images out of my Sony Alpha 850 about 2/3 of a stop darker then out of my A700. Is it only me or are you finding the same?
I find my 850 extremely accurate, That is the first thing I noticed when I switched from the A700