The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

While I (patiently) wait for my NEX-7...

etrigan63

I have been acquiring accessories for the beastie as I can. I already picked up a couple of lens adapters to allow me to re-task some lenses.

A Rainbow M-to-NEX adapter to use with my CV 35mm Nokton 1.4 MC

A Fotodiox OM-to-Nex to use with a Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 I snagged off of eBay for $50.

A Gordy strap

What I am missing:

Leather half-case. Sony offers a full case but I only want the half-case and Luigi hasn't committed to NEX-7 yet. I know that no one will announce product until it ships, but does anyone have any suggestions?

etrigan63

Ciesta responded quickly (got to love time zone differences between here and Korea). They said that they expect the NEX-7 in january 2012 and that they would have a case ready for it in Feb 2012.

jlm

Workshop Member
i'm seeing pricing all over the place for M to nex adapters from fotodiox and raninbow, novoflex, ranging from $19 to $300 (amazon)

what is the one to get?

V

Vivek

i'm seeing pricing all over the place for M to nex adapters from fotodiox and raninbow, novoflex, ranging from $19 to $300 (amazon)

what is the one to get?
John, I would suggest none of them and an m4/3rds to NEX adapter instead. Use one of your own M to m4/3rds adapter.

etrigan63

There's a business opportunity here John. If you contact Sony, they will give you the specs to the E-mount for free. You could build your own M-to-NEX adapter. Novoflex adapters are extremely well-built, but cost the aforementioned $300. The others are a crapshoot vis-a-vis quality. YMMV.

I just pinged my contact at Sony to see where the specs can be located. I will send you the info if I get it.

Paratom

I think the Nex-Leica Adapters cost around 100 Euro+VAT.
How would that translate into 300$?

I recently bought a chinese cheap adapter for using a Zeiss lens on the S2 and the adapter has quite a bit of play. However in this case it was under 100EUro vs over 500€.

I dont know if I would want to save 50€ for a Nex adapter and risk that it might not be accurate.

Ben Rubinstein

I think the Nex-Leica Adapters cost around 100 Euro+VAT.
How would that translate into 300$?

I recently bought a chinese cheap adapter for using a Zeiss lens on the S2 and the adapter has quite a bit of play. However in this case it was under 100EUro vs over 500€.

I dont know if I would want to save 50€ for a Nex adapter and risk that it might not be accurate.
Novoflex are German if I'm not mistaken, it could account for at least some of the price difference to you?

jlm

Workshop Member
wheels are turning... my 4/3's adapter will already accept the M bayonet lenses so i only need to make the sony compatible half

douglasf13

The Hawks adapter linked above is the only one to get, IMO. I own 2 Voigtlanders, 1 Metabones, one cheapie, and the Hawks, and the Hawks is better at infinity focus than all the others, and it gives all of your M lenses SLR-like minimum focusing distances. It's probably my favorite NEX accessory.

hot

I am inpatient! My dealer returns 50% of price if it is snowing on Dec.24th!

Sony, hurry up!

V

Vivek

Here's what I bought.

Mount is snug, no play at all on the 5n I tried it on. And it has a the big advantage of allowing for closer focusing when you need it.
I forgot about that! At that price and such versatility:thumbs:

I wonder why Novoflex, Voightlander and others bother selling the plain vanilla adapters for such high prices.

PeterA

I have 'caved in' and bought a Nex 5N yesterdday with an EVF finder - giving myself time to familiarise myself with the workings of thes enew fangled high tech small things..

Mucking around observations are that I am very impresed with colour and resolution.

I ordered and recieved a Novflex Nex to Nikon adaptor and a Voigtlander M to Nex adaptor this morning and have a Novaflex Nex to R adaptor on back order - looking foward to seeing how the lenses work on this littel powerhouse of a device.

It will take me some time to get used to the operaiton of this - as there are a lot of menus etc to learn - the interface is very 'clunky' on first blush - relative to the basic stuff I am used to - like MF or Alpa.

Basically all I want this camera to do is allow me to make panoramas, easy quick happy snaps and the occasional short movie - i liekthe small form factor. Looking at the Nex 7 reviews etc - it loks like the interface is better - but I am not sure I really want the 24 megapixels.

These cameras deliver very good bang for buck that for sure.

Paratom

I forgot about that! At that price and such versatility:thumbs:

I wonder why Novoflex, Voightlander and others bother selling the plain vanilla adapters for such high prices.
I guess because manufacturing in Germany is more expensive than in China.