The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX5 and Samyang 7.5mm

hot

Yes, looks nice :p

Vivek wrote
As usual, the vendors from Poland, etc will be trying to sell it for 100 Euro more than the US prices

You forget: US prices are without VAT (Europe 19%-25%), less warranty.
If you buy from US you have to pay VAT - then price is higher than from FOTO-TIP/poland (importer) - his prices are NOT 100 € higher ... $ = €, but WITH VAT.

I like my Samyang 8mm/3.5 - it fits ALL my cameras ... CANON, NEX, LUMIX, SAMSUNG ...
The NEX-Version is only usable with NEX :-(

V

Vivek

You are quoting me from that blog, Hot.

Poland, if I understand it correctly, has a much higher VAT than many other states in the EU.

V

Vivek

You forget: US prices are without VAT (Europe 19%-25%), less warranty.
If you buy from US you have to pay VAT - then price is higher than from FOTO-TIP/poland (importer) - his prices are NOT 100 € higher ... $ = €, but WITH VAT.

I like my Samyang 8mm/3.5 - it fits ALL my cameras ... CANON, NEX, LUMIX, SAMSUNG ...
The NEX-Version is only usable with NEX :-(
The same folks on ebay.de (the prices I had in mind) still list it for much higher than from their original site leading me to believe Poland had lot more than 23% VAT.

I like the smaller version with no extra adapter.