Site Sponsors

Thread: Magnifier for a900

Post Thanks / Like

Magnifier for a900

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good magnifier for the a900? I would like the magnifier shipped from somewhere in the States so I won't have to wait weeks and weeks for it.

I don't yet wear glasses, and I adjusted the diopter knob for my eyes, but I would still feel more comfortable with a magnifier since I use the camera mostly on manual.

Thanks.

jcoffin

Re: Magnifier for a900

Although Sony says it's only for APS-C cameras, nearly the entire A900 viewfinder is visible through a FDA-ME1AM (which should be easily available from essentially all the usual suspects). It doesn't provide huge magnification though -- only 1.15x.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Would like something with a bit more x in it.

jcoffin

If you're willing to give up being able to see (nearly) the whole view, there are quite a few alternatives. Sony has the FDA-M1AM, which does 2x if memory serves. There's also a Seagull that does 1x and 2x IIRC, and comes with an adapter to fit Sony (and others to fit all the reasonably major SLR vendors). From what I've heard, Pentax eyepiece attachments fit reasonably well also, but I can't confirm that from personal experience. I can say that Olympus attachments can work, but don't fit at all well.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Sony right angle finder, and it does offer 2X magnification. Well made, and very practical.
    M9 ZM 25/2.8 35/2 50/2 85/2