The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sizes: NEX-3 and NEX-7

mazor

hmm interesting comparative size nex 7 beng a nex 3 with extras,

Think getting the minigrip for the 5 series would be good for extended use for nex. Not only can one get double batteries, but the tiny grip on the 5 series should improve, possible better folr use with lheavier lens like 18-200 SAL or heavy adapted mf teles.

There seems to be different grips avail from different 3rd party manufacturers. Seems like features like AA battery support (in case lithium battery runs dry on the run) plus a terminal for plugging the vert grip section to some DC adapter seems like a great idea for super extended videoing.

V

Vivek

mazor,

I tried to buy a NEX-5 grip from them. I have even paid for it. They are in the process of designing a new one for the NEX-7, they say. Also, they are refunding my money, they say.

V

Vivek

Thanks! They refunded the money.

I did not push this further as my 2 extra "new" Sony batteries appear to be fake and would not work on the NEX-7.