The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

jonoslack

tough to know where to post pictures . . . anyway, at the risk of repeating myself, here's two from today.

This one with the Zeiss 24 f1.8

This one is with the 18-200

Paratom

I think a weatherproof Nex would sell very good. (I doubt it will happen though-because they would also have to offer lenses which are weatherproof).

But why not just offer a weatherproof body and one weatherproof lens.

Specially when we do outdoor activities (hiking, flying, diving, skiing) we are in rougher conditions AND we do not want to carry heavy cameras.

A studio camera does not need to be weatherproof. But a small camera which invites us to be taken everywhere - here I see potential.

And as far as I know there is not ONE weatherproof compact camera with a little bigger sensor.
(Just when I wrote this I read about the Olympus AMD and a weather sealed 12-50mm Zoom lens!!!!)- Just when one thinks to have settled on a camera there comes something else with an intersting feature - of course its m4/3 and not dx sensor no replacement for a Nex)
Weatherproofness is one thing. The other one is how rugged is a camera.

If I see the mechanics of the Nex7 flash and the swivel display, or if I see the screw of the Nex5n flash/viewfinder, I am just afraid to risk any abuse to the Nex7.

Thomas Streng

Thanks very much Thomas.

I understand now, the second image was taken with the S2. Didn't expect that in this thread, should have used my eyes :)
Anyway, I like both images. They each have a roll to play in the collective visual memory of your family, well done.

As for the NEX 7 versus the S2, I too think that though very different, both camera systems have their place and can both be useful. Weather sealing on the NEX would be high on my wish list too. I think now with the A77 Sony proved that they can do it. Let's hope they put it in a future NEX. Some would say this isn't going to happen since the NEX line is 'only' enthusiast level, but I disagree. It can be used for professional photography. It's not a D4 or 1D-X with ultra high ISO and super fast AF, but it can deliver a technically fine image file. In that sense the NEX is more related to the S2 than high end CaNikons. It kind of needs a more deliberate approach.

V

Vivek

Vivek, love your pictures of Den Haag, I grew up there. Vruchtenbuurt?
Thanks, Peter.

I had to look up Vruchtenbuurt. I guess I have passed by that many times.
The first 6pics above are from Rijswijk/Den Haag border area. The rest near the centrum. Close to the Bezuidenhout area near our residence.

A couple of more near the city hall.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

This spot provides and interesting lighted area with reflections from the surrounding buildings. Year round, day or night, always a challenge.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Quentin_Bargate

Love the last one, Carlos.

Tamron 18-200mm Di III has just arrived and I am most impressed, so far. Very high standard of construction, better than I was expecting, excellent VR, and most important of all the image quality looks to be very good, better at comparable focal lengths than my copy of the kit lens (save in the centre where they are about even). Smaller and lighter than the Sony equivalent, but still fairly chunky on the Nex-7. Sadly now dark so will test in daylight. tomorrow.

jonoslack

Carlos
I love your racing stripes. . .

Here are four shots taken today with the WATE - no signs of magenta casts, but the corners are only 'sharp enough' - it's best used at f5.6 and beyond (not too much trouble with a wide angle). This should be kept in context - much better than any of the available zooms, and quite good enough for big landscape prints, just not quite as sweet as on the M9.

jonoslack

Love the last one, Carlos.

Tamron 18-200mm Di III has just arrived and I am most impressed, so far. Very high standard of construction, better than I was expecting, excellent VR, and most important of all the image quality looks to be very good, better at comparable focal lengths than my copy of the kit lens (save in the centre where they are about even). Smaller and lighter than the Sony equivalent, but still fairly chunky on the Nex-7. Sadly now dark so will test in daylight. tomorrow.
Some of my favourite lenses have been the better made Tamrons. I hope it works out.

V

Vivek

The only favorite Tamron I have is a 70mm f/5.6. I have to check it on the 7.

V

Vivek

The one I mention is a difficult to find 70mm f/5.6 Micro Tamron. Will add a picture sometime later.

Quentin_Bargate

I think Tamron are 50% owned by Sony, or at least the two companies are very closely connrected. Anyway Jono, the second of your mono landscapes is superb (others also good).

etrigan63

One from today. Was participating in a 1 hour photo challenge but did not make it. It takes 30 minutes by car to go anywhere in Miami-Dade County (which is twice the size of the State of Rhode Island). But I posted it anyway and it got some nice comments, so I thought you all deserve to see it too.

The theme was "Reflections"

Reflections of FIU by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Out this weekend with the NEX 7 and MF Lenses L35Asph2 VC 15 VC 50F1.1

Early Morning Light

Feeding Mallard

Bob

Quentin_Bargate

Great!

And after that early morning activity you'll be wanting one of these :D

(with the 24mm Zeiss & Nex-7)

Tasted pretty good too.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
With my new Apple Thunderbolt display at 500% I counted 3,671 calories. I could be wrong - they were a bit masked by the shadow noise in the black pudding :D

Because of this one, the whisky, and Jono's pint, I'm getting my wife to pre-check this thread before I enter

Keith