The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

scho

Carl.......very nice shot of the bouquet. That Hex 85/1.8 is a nice compact little lens.....it must balance nicely on the NEX 7.

Keith......nice detail....and nice SEP conversion. It looks great.

Hodad66........did your camera arrive yet? Looking forward to shots taken with it.

R
Thanks Rich. I've been trying to find an adapter (Konica AR to M) so I can also use this lens on the GXR-M, but no luck. RJ was supposed to make one, but guess that project never got off the back burner.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
woodmancy which adapter are you using with the maxxum 24? nice shot.
That is the LA-EA1, so manual focus. I've had no luck using this adapter for auto focus on my lenses.

LA-EA2 is on the way to make it totally automatic with Phase Detect autofocus.

Keith

ashwinrao1

Hi all. I am a frequent poster on the GetDPI Leica forum but recently was given the wonderful opportunity to own a NEX 7. I have been enjoying it on a trip through Argentina. I have come away quite impressed, so far, with the camera's capabilities, though I do find aspects challenging (getting the focus just right can be challenging in daylight, when focus peaking seems less sensitive and specific to the point of focus)....

Anyways, here are some images, shot over the past few days, with my travel set up (Zeiss 24 E mount, Leica 35 mm f/1.4 summilux FLE, Leica 75 mm f/2 Summicron, and Leica 135 mm f/3.4 APO Telyt), adapted via a Novoflex adapter....

Last edited:

etrigan63

Welcome to the Black and Orange Team Ashwin! The NEX-7 is an amazing creative tool in its own right. I am extremely happy with mine and based on your stellar work above, you are too.

ashwinrao1

Welcome to the Black and Orange Team Ashwin! The NEX-7 is an amazing creative tool in its own right. I am extremely happy with mine and based on your stellar work above, you are too.
Thanks, Carlos, and yes, so far, I'm quite happy with the output!

m_driscoll

"Nope, babe...probably ought to walk the other way to find a restaurant"

Nex 7, 24mm f/1.8; 1/160s @ f/1.8[+1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Nex 7, 24mm f/1.8; 1/320s @ f/1.8[+1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Nex 7, 24mm f/1.8; 1/320s @ f/1.8[+1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll