The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

scho

Hexe. Our resident witch that stands guard on the kitchen window sill, sweeping away evil spirits. NEX7 + Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar.

philber

Now that I have played around a bit with my NEX 7, one thing that delights me, and has not been mentioned much, is how well it copes with dynamci range. Church scenes are some of the toughest environments for DR: basically quite dark, with windows that are hard not to blow out...
With ZM 35 f:2.0, @ f:2.8, handheld

ustein

Contributing Editor
> is how well it copes with dynamic range.

Yes, at low ISO it has very low noise in deep shadows.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Ken vs Ryu
Lovely image - subject, lighting, tone etc

Vivek
This subject brings out the best in your snaps :)

Keith

scho

A muscle wood log washed up on the creek bank. NEX7 with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar. Shot at f/8 in shutter priority mode. I was having problems with camera movement at the default 1/60 sec using aperture priority mode and AUTO ISO and do wish Sony would implement user enabled min shutter speed for AUTO ISO.

philber

Ken , please remind me not to mess with you!
Hoda, lovely car shots!
Scho, very niiiiice!
Mohammed, do you run into corner issues, and/or colour fringing with your Summilux/Nex 7 combo?

gurtch

Just got the NEX 7. Kit lens. Heavy fog & mist are real. Rain and beach stroller added in PP. RAW image converted in DXO Optics Pro.
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
A muscle wood log washed up on the creek bank. NEX7 with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar. Shot at f/8 in shutter priority mode. I was having problems with camera movement at the default 1/60 sec using aperture priority mode and AUTO ISO and do wish Sony would implement user enabled min shutter speed for AUTO ISO.

Lovely Carl - how are you processing your stuff these days?

Keith

scho

Lovely Carl - how are you processing your stuff these days?

Keith
Thank you Keith. I've been using both LR4 and C1 Pro. The latter is nice when working with lenses that require correction for edge/corner color casts because you can generate LCC profiles for correction within C1 w/o the need to convert to dng and use CornerFix.