The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

retow

Big time, especially the 30mm. The 30mm is very sharp across the frame on NEX at all apertures, from what I can tell so far. I've decided to put together an AF lens lineup, and the 19mm, 30mm, and Sony 24 and 50, seems that it'll be a great, versatile lineup. The 19mm is the least impressive, but, compared to any other wides I've used on NEX, it's pretty good at the edges. Just not great. In the middle parts of the frame, it is very sharp.

For $400 for the pair, I think the two "Sigmarits" are hard to ignore. :)
Did you have a chance to compare the Sigma 19 with the kit lens at the wide end?

m_driscoll

Had the pleasure of lunch, today, with Ashwin, Lloyd and Mimi, and my wife, Marleigh. Lloyd and Mimi were catching a flight home out of Seattle. Great to meet people that you've come to know through this forum. Lloyd's as nice in person as you'd imagine from his posts; and Mimi's as nice in person as she photographs. :thumbs: Ashwin's....Ashwin. ;)

I don't know what i was thinking? I didn't bring a Leica! So, I did something their low-tech cameras couldn't do...I shot two panoramas. I don't understand why Mimi was laughing? :D

ps. Ashwin and Lloyd seemed stretched in the second one?

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt! - my current fave is the "POSTED" shot, of that set.

Yeah, I saw another photographer across the way at one point when I was out on this excursion, then later saw your Sigma shots online and wondered if that was you. But looks like you stuck around the Fremont area. Eventually I may run out of things to shoot in Ballard and end up invading your turf! ;-)
Taylor: My office is just East of Fremont. I'm frequently wandering around there at lunch. You have a lot to shoot in Ballard. We'll run into each other at some point.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Lloyd

Had the pleasure of lunch, today, with Ashwin, Lloyd and Mimi, and my wife, Marleigh. Lloyd and Mimi were catching a flight home out of Seattle. Great to meet people that you've come to know through this forum. Lloyd's as nice in person as you'd imagine from his posts; and Mimi's as nice in person as she photographs. :thumbs: Ashwin's....Ashwin. ;)

I don't know what i was thinking? I didn't bring a Leica! So, I did something their low-tech cameras couldn't do...I shot two panoramas. I don't understand why Mimi was laughing? :D

ps. Ashwin and Lloyd seemed stretched in the second one?

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Thanks Matt, for showing us why we need to step out of the dark ages, camera-wise :D.

Great to finally meet you in person, and it was really nice to meet Marleigh; glad she was able to join us. Looking forward to you coming down here. :salute:

jonoslack

Mike - Matt - Thank you for the kind words (it was a two minute trip out at the back of the office).
Lloyd seems to have grown a beard, and a camera that makes you look thinner seems bound to succeed. Mimi looks fab as ever, and Ashwin . . . well, Ashwin is Ashwin :ROTFL::ROTFL: I see no sign of Marleigh though - seems that she's wise enough to sit next to the photographer!.

Matt - love the red flower shot . . . . now I need to buy the 30 macro as well (dammit).

I did try and order the Sigma 30 from digital rev last night, but something went wrong, and I don't think the order went through.

douglasf13

Mike - Matt - Thank you for the kind words (it was a two minute trip out at the back of the office).
Lloyd seems to have grown a beard, and a camera that makes you look thinner seems bound to succeed. Mimi looks fab as ever, and Ashwin . . . well, Ashwin is Ashwin :ROTFL::ROTFL: I see no sign of Marleigh though - seems that she's wise enough to sit next to the photographer!.

Matt - love the red flower shot . . . . now I need to buy the 30 macro as well (dammit).

I did try and order the Sigma 30 from digital rev last night, but something went wrong, and I don't think the order went through.
I got my 30mm from Digital Rev, and it arrived ok. $190 is a good deal.

Lloyd

Very nice, Mike. If memory serves (and it may not) I seem to recall some similar types of shots with your M8 and the 75 lux. The talent for the subject matter still shows.

Photon-hunter

Hi all. Long time lurking and checking on everybody´s work. Some cool stuff here. Finally I got my Nex-7 after a LOOONG wait. I still haven´t received any of the Alt. glass I plan on shooting, but, by recommendation of some other members I ended up getting the Sigma 30/2.8 Awesome little lens, for the price it can´t be beaten.

I only had an hour to play with my new toy yesterday, hope I´ll have some more time this weekend to fool around. I guess I finally get to share some pics with you guys... ;-)

All images are Jpeg´s baked in PS and shot with the "Sigmarit", mainly wide open.

Untitled by Photon-hunter, on Flickr

Thanks for watching.

E.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Great stuff Erik - welcome to the party!

I especially like the blue bench shot. I like your choice of deep saturated colors.