The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

jonoslack

Jono - I don't own the kit lens, so don't have any way to compare.

I was pretty happy with the Sony E 16/2.8 (when stopped down to f5.6 or f8), but I've noticed that the Sigma 19 is noticably better than the Sony 16. And the Sigma 19 is usable at f2.8, and quite sharp by f4, whereas the Sony E 16 isn't even usable until f5.6.
the kit is much better at 18 than the 16 pancake . . . . but of course it's not f2.8, and it's not as small. . . . I did buy the 50 f1.8 at the same time.

douglasf13

Thanks Mike. Looks like ultra wide and small is really limited to the samyang 8mm fisheye.

Douglas - CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs: :clap:
Thanks Terry and Jono. This is our first little one, and, in the last 2 days, he's finally sleeping more than 2 hours straight, so I'm feeling a bit more rested. His name is Lennox, and he's pretty sweet. :)

NEX-7 and 50/1.8 OSS.

m_driscoll

Jono: Thanks! :D I've just started buying the R-lenses. That 90mm f/2 is relatively inexpensive. I have a feeling that Ashwin and I will be arm wrestling over used R-lenses at the camera store (he'd win; but, he's not into zooms, yet). :loco:
Ashwin: Great photos! I esp. like the two of the young ladies with the 5N. :thumbs:
Jono: The landscapes with the "big ugly..." are wonderful I also love the daffodil and your dog. :thumbs:
Vivek: I've "liked" all of your photos, posted above, because, I'm lazy. They're really excellent! :thumbs:
Douglas: Yes, congratulations! :D I looked for my 50mm f/1.8 this morning and couldn't find it. Just realized that it's on the 5N. :eek: It is a pretty nice lens.
Lloyd: Nice, updated, avatar! I noted that you were 'called' on the old one. :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

V

Vivek

Oh! I'd like to do that too . . I think that quickly is the answer Vivek. Waiting could be expensive, not least because they all seem to be going to China (look at ebay).
If I am not the buyer, someone else is. ;) Yeah, I noticed that as well.

BBC showed some the buyers from China making day trips just to buy antiques from the UK as well. Where the money is. :)

jonoslack

Terrific set, Matt. That fellow on the right has an amazing face.
+1 on that - although he looks like he probably shouldn't be eating another meal for some time!)
And yes, I was "called". Funny thing is that other avatar is only about 4 years old. Tough four years, I guess. :(
Ahh - Lloyd - the new one looks very distinguished!

Hmmm . . . do you think that means I should change my avatar as well . . . mine is actually almost exactly 40 years old!

all the best

Photon-hunter

WOW!! Really nice stuff here. Very nice images. I am enjoying my new Nex-7, I just don´t remember when was the last time I had so much fun with a camera... ;-)

A couple images from today, on my way back home tonight.

Nex-7 with Minolta Rokkor MD 50/1.7, all wide open, except the first one (I believe f/2.8 or f/4)

Untitled by Photon-hunter, on Flickr

-
And a last one with Rokkor MD 28/2.8 @ f/4,

Thanks for watching.

E.

jonoslack

WOW!! Really nice stuff here. Very nice images. I am enjoying my new Nex-7, I just don´t remember when was the last time I had so much fun with a camera... ;-)

A couple images from today, on my way back home tonight.
HI there - it really is good fun isn't it.
Love the shoes - excellent!

etrigan63

Went location scouting with my wife on Sunday to the Wynwood Art District near mid-town Miami. The term "art district" is usually a euphemism for "warehouse district with all the charm of a demilitarized zone" but Wynwood does have it's walls which are all works of art and make great backdrops for portraits.

IMG_20120415_1147 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120415_1146 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120415_1145 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120415_1144 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120415_1135 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20120415_1136 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

All taken with the NEX-7 + Zeiss 24 (from the car)

m_driscoll

Matt, Nice stuff.

The R 90/2 seems to ooze a lot of CA in OOF areas? Take a look here:http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/leica-m-x-r/35030-summicron-r-90-2-vs-apo-summicron-r-90-2-a.html

I had been to the areas you show often only once, a long time ago. Any chance you make visits to the nearby small islands? :)
Vivek: Thanks! :D It's my first R lens. There weren't many used R-lens choices at my camera store. The APO R is, also, of course, about 4K more. I can see the CA, but, I'll live with it. Are you talking about the San Juan Islands?

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll