The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

mazor

haha vivek, maybe Michiel Schierbeek applied some sort of soft filter, soft copy of the lens or just not in focus, ;)

V

Vivek

Mazor, Many things can (and do) go wrong while using a bellows or an extension tube. I am not second guessing Michiel.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
@ Jim: thanks; that's very helpful. I am still working out whether one camera can do what I want, but knowing the LCC process is so relatively simple is good to know. And when you say "diffuser" I am guessing you mean a white plastic container (Tupperware or similar) to get a completely grey image?

@ Vivek: I wonder why the 12 is better than the 15 in this regard? Interesting. Thanks all; I am heading off to Vancouver this morning, so will be off the air for a while. cheers, KL

Michiel Schierbeek

Vivek, I have the 100/4 and 50/3.5. Not to use on bellows I think. I forgot to bring the special extension tube for the 100 for 1:1 magnification. I tryed to use them with +1 and +2 diopters but that did not work out well. Another time.

I preferred what came out of the bellows with the Schneider lens. These are, of course very small flowers and cropped. The last one is a very big crop and not sharp (anymore) but I just liked it. That insect in there I could not see with the naked eye.
The first one is quiet sharp, I think. Miss my Canon FD 200/4 Macro. It was so wobbling I could almost photograph around he corner with it. It is in repair now. Very nice lens for this kind of work.
Will be continued.

Mazur, you're quiet a funny little joker aren't you hehe..he

Michiel

jlm

Workshop Member
Kit: I use a plastic card I got with my IQ back, but a plastics store can provide what you need. it will be out of focus, but you want the diffusion to be even; if the word "Tupperware" was even slightly visible, it might be considered a dust spot! and the LCC correction would try and remove it from your image ;)

Jack once posted a plastic product in the MF forum, i'll look for that.

found it:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/31069-lcc-plates.html

do a search in MFDB forum under LCC correction and plenty will come up

I also found the 15 to have a bit more corner cast than the 12, but will try and do more controlled test

mazor

jlm, on post #21, you took some lovely street photos which you say you used a pen-D 42/1.2

Curious did you mean pen-F? The only Pen-D I found for m4/3 is a 14-42mm

douglasf13

@ Jim: thanks; that's very helpful. I am still working out whether one camera can do what I want, but knowing the LCC process is so relatively simple is good to know. And when you say "diffuser" I am guessing you mean a white plastic container (Tupperware or similar) to get a completely grey image?

@ Vivek: I wonder why the 12 is better than the 15 in this regard? Interesting. Thanks all; I am heading off to Vancouver this morning, so will be off the air for a while. cheers, KL
Hi, Kit. For my profiles, I just placed a white tissue over the lens, kind of like a drum head, and shot wide open into a clear sky with focus to infinity with about a +2EV exp. comp.

I don't believe that LR corrects corner color casts, but, rather, CA issues.

mazor

jlm, would love to see a comparison of 50 lux against the 40 1.2 penf, especially bokeh!

whoa you got a good lens there the 42 1.2, would love to have one, but can't afford it. :/

Photon-hunter

Hi all. Been away for a little while, it´s always a joy to return here and watch the images you guys share. Let me share with you my first attempt at doing long exposures with the Nex7. Here a six minute exposure with 18 stops of ND filtration and the Sigmarit 30 @f/11.

Untitled by Photon-hunter, on Flickr

Thanks for watching.

Hi all. Been away for a little while, it´s always a joy to return here and watch the images you guys share. Let me share with you my first attempt at doing long exposures with the Nex7. Here a six minute exposure with 18 stops of ND filtration and the Sigmarit 30 @f/11.
Erik: Surreal, excellent, great idea/composition and result! :clap:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Nex-7 with the kit lens is my favourite dog-walking camera fir having with me just in case the light turns nice and suddenly reveals a familiar tree in a new guise...

Last edited:
Tim, your beautiful bw image (and, to say the truth,also what is going on the Leica forum..)suggested me to try a high iso bw conversion with the nex 7.
Iso 6400, summicron 50 F8.
Not so bad, I think.
A slightly cropped full size jpg is available on Flickr.

_DSC1026 by sergio lovisolo, on Flickr

D800 should be even better. A try?

Regards.
Sergio

tashley

Subscriber Member
Che bella luce Sergio, mi piace! And if you replaced the modern knife handles with something in bone or wood, you would have a little renaissance masterpiece!