The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

lattiboy

Wow! That first shot is amazing! Should be their damn album cover! Here's a shot I took with the NEX-7 and the legendary Konica 57mm f/1.2. It's legendary for a reason. A beautiful piece of glass.

And this one is with the 50mm f/1.8 OIS. Also an amazing lens. The color rendition and bokeh are sublime and much more interesting than anything I've seen in a modern, AF lens on any system.

Finally, one with the Zeiss C/Y 50mm f/1.7. I've been using this lens for years now (previously on M43) and still adore it. I'm thinking I'll put it up for sale soon as prices have gone nuts and the Sony 50mm is so good I feel it's a bit redundant. Still sharp as a diamond....

The thing with the NEX-7 that keeps me in awe is just how much headroom I have with every shot. I've pushed and pulled shots to the extreme. Here's an example. Again: ONE SHOT

A few more and I'm done :)

Kit lens + NEX-7

S

silvrmn

NEX-7 + Zeiss 24/1.8 1/320s @ f/8.0 ISO 800

At the Crown Fountain, Millenium Park, Chicago, IL

Cropped.

Michiel Schierbeek

Dancing after a dinner in France with smoke machine and very green lightshow.
After a day in the country side with all those green fields one likes to clear one's mind. :ROTFL:

Michiel

Last edited:

scho

Carl those Photo's do remember me of the Dutch football/soccer team. So much orange :)

Michiel

Some from yesterday.

[/CENTER]
Michiel,

The orange masses at Princeton made me think of both Holland and Syracuse University where orange rules.

Your last shot is fascinating. Complex window reflections or double exposure?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
woodmancy is that shot of the deck of the ship a HDR or was the lighting like that.
Yes and yes. The lighting was just like that. And the image is a single shot HDR - the only way I can recreate the way it got fixed in my brain :D
I tried it both ways.

Keith