The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

Ron Pfister

Went to the Lofoten for a week's shooting with NEX 7 and 5N. I hope you guys like images from the cold...
I love your images from the Lofoten, philber! Can we see more, please? :)

How was shooting with the NEXes and the M-glass in the cold? Any issues with condensation or exposure to the elements?

Looks like a tempting place to explore. And I love the wooden fishing vessels! I'm quite surprised to see them being built of wood in this day and age. But then again, the Norwegians have a long and cherished tradition of wooden boat building (Colin Archer comes to mind)...

Many thanks,

Ron

philber

Thanks for your kind comments, Ron!
I ran into some condensation when mounting a lens from my bag onto a camera. Nothing that couldn't be wiped off , or that didn't evaporate by itself in some 30 sec. Otherwise, no troublle except one instance of bunnies, where I did a sensor wipe.

Here are more pics, per your request.
[/url] _DSC4052-1_CF-1 par philippeberend, sur Flickr[/IMG]

_DSC4424-1_CF-1 par philippeberend, sur Flickr

_DSC4446-1_CF-1 par philippeberend, sur Flickr

Last edited:

philber

Thanks, Thorkil! But, frankly, when you are in the Lofoten with good weather, you have to work very hard to not come back with good pictures..:)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am a manual focus lens lover, but I couldn't resist the $199 Sigma set. I really think that both lenses are great!
NEX7 and Sigma 30mm f/2.8
A Photographer

A Serious Tourist

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

I finally got a CV15 - great little lens. It's not spectacularly better than my 16/2.8, but I am glad I got it.
Taylor, I think you like it a lot better for work with some more distance. From at least 5 meters and overall scenes and landscapes etc.
(In fact this scene would have been great with it. May be better then this Distagon which I find better for shots more close by.)

Here's one from tourist watching Rembrandt.

Michiel