The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

philber

Yes, Vivek, you are correct. Small villages are dying, and can actually be purchased "whole" for very little money. But I believe that in Spain it is another type of ghost town. As there is no real estate component to the French recession, there are no ghost towns of that type.

Michiel Schierbeek

I was beginning to wonder if parts of France are also becoming like Spain with more and more ghost towns due to loss of people.
There are ghost villages plenty in France, but this is Le Treport, a small harbour town with lots of tourists, boat people and the French gallivanting about the seaside boulevard, especially on sunday, as this was. These are the backstreets and a little less people are hanging out here.

Actually it was rather crowded, especially coming from my village were you see hardly any people in deed although most houses are inhabited.

Michiel Schierbeek

Yes, Vivek, you are correct. Small villages are dying, and can actually be purchased "whole" for very little money. But I believe that in Spain it is another type of ghost town. As there is no real estate component to the French recession, there are no ghost towns of that type.
Yes you're right, house prices are reasonable stable in France compared to other countrys. The house prices have been skyhigh in Holland and are actually still to high, because off the mortgage interest tax deduction program.
It was to easy to lend loads off money, even for people who don't need to loan money. So in fact it is an artificial high price rate at the moment. Now nobody wants to sell there house for less money and the market is completly locked.

People will have to accept there losses, the mortgage interest tax deduction program needs to be dismantled, so young people can make a start to buy a house, which is almost impossible now. There is lots of uncertainty now because the politicians don't dare to make impopular decisions.

I don't really know why i am writing all this in Photo forum :facesmack:

V

Vivek

Yes you're right, house prices are reasonable stable in France compared to other countrys. The house prices have been skyhigh in Holland and are actually still to high, because off the mortgage interest tax deduction program.
It was to easy to lend loads off money, even for people who don't need to loan money. So in fact it is an artificial high price rate at the moment. Now nobody wants to sell there house for less money and the market is completly locked.

People will have to accept there losses, the mortgage interest tax deduction program needs to be dismantled, so young people can make a start to buy a house, which is almost impossible now. There is lots of uncertainty now because the politicians don't dare to make impopular decisions.

I don't really know why i am writing all this in Photo forum :facesmack:
This is a complex issue involving banks and their practices as well. Not much room for discussion here, I think.

BTW, Michiel, my comment (sorry for the OT) did not mean there was not much to the photos you posted (all the double negatives come from the Dutch exposure, I think? :confused:). They are nice, as always. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

This is a complex issue involving banks and their practices as well. Not much room for discussion here, I think.

BTW, Michiel, my comment (sorry for the OT) did not mean there was not much to the photos you posted (all the double negatives come from the Dutch exposure, I think? :confused:). They are nice, as always. :)
No worries Vivek! Thanks!
Not sure what you mean with (all the double negatives come from the Dutch exposure, I think? :confused:)

Michiel Schierbeek

Aha, that is why you are so often in France, eh, Michiel! We should try to get together, don't you think?
I would love to Philber!
I live less then 2 hours from paris.
It is not that easy to make French friends around here.
In Normandy people are rather reserved. It is probably there Viking blood :D
Are you French? Because your English is suspiciously good :)

V

Vivek

Michiel, It just means what it says. I am just self criticizing my own writing and trying to pass the blame on the way Dutch language is used.

Philber's English is fine but he appears to get lost when dealing with nuances. It happens with most (native English or not).

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, It just means what it says. I am just self criticizing my own writing and trying to pass the blame on the way Dutch language is used.

Philber's English is fine but he appears to get lost when dealing with nuances. It happens with most (native English or not).
Oh, that happens to me a lot as well, lost in translation :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Philippe, The third flower has a wonderfull design and the fourth a nice composition.

Here some impressions of Lille. What a wonderfull city that is. Really Flamisch.

The shot above shows the mustache barrel distortion this lens has. Not the appropriate lens for straight facade shots.

camping

Michiel
Excellent photos Zeiss saturation.
In the 4th photo is that the bust of the admiral (privateer) who captured part of the Spanish Treasure Fleet?

Thanks Paul

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel
Excellent photos Zeiss saturation.
In the 4th photo is that the bust of the admiral (privateer) who captured part of the Spanish Treasure Fleet?

Thanks Paul
Thanks, Paul!
I really wouldn't know. It was photographed in a church/cathedral, I wouldn't expect an admiral there. But he sure looks more like an admiral then a saint. :)

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Going through my files I noticed a new theme in my photo's I wasn't aware off.
I seem to photograph a lot of empty streets.

So here's a few of them.

philber

Michiel, to me your Biogon looks a lot better than all right. Although, when I tried it on the 5N it had too strong corner problems for me to buy it, so I never even considered it on the 7. But you know how to make it sing!