The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

Michiel Schierbeek

Bob, thanks for that link. That is quiet a story in deed!

Thanks, Philippe. It was much better as I thought on the NEX, but on the GXR and Leica it does not have any problems at all. The lens as such is really fantastic.

Thank you Hermann! May be virgin Maria helps to evoke that feeling.:)

Some more emptyness :)

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Going through my files I noticed a new theme in my photo's I wasn't aware off.
I seem to photograph a lot of empty streets.

So here's a few of them.
I tend to prefer empty streets...much less "messy"

Probably some deep psychological insight there...or maybe I have an aversion to spandex....:ROTFL:

And your posts are wonderful.

Bob

Slingers

Shot this testing a new adapter while unfortunately the adapter didn't work I did get some shots I liked

NEX-7 + Contax G 45/2 @ f/2 ISO100 1/50

Slingers

Is it one of the new "electronic" adapters for Contax G which didn't work?
Yeah it was. Worked Ok with my zoom, 28mm, and off and on with my 90mm. The 45 wouldn't often be recognised and if it was was manual focus only and stuck at where the motor stopped after starting up. For the shot above i used peaking and my arms. I have a 21mm that I didn't try as I need to trim the feet.

philber

Thanks for the info, Slingers! Regarding the 21, my experience is this. While it feels like it won't fit without trimming the feet, it will, but by the barest of margins. The trick is in which order you assemble the three parts. From memory you must put the lens on the adapter first, then the combo on the camera. That applied to my passive adapter, a Kipon. Bu adapter sizes should all be the same, in theory, and your electronic one should be high grade, so dimensionally correct. The issue then is corner performance, even with a 5N. While it is a tremendous lens, maybe the finest Zeiss glass ever to pass through my hands, I could never get a CornerFix profile to eliminate colour shift, never mind corner mush, so I sold it. But the guy who bought it produces stellar images with it...:-(

Slingers

Thanks Philber, it worked when I attached the adapter then the lens not the other way. Also I didn't notice any marks left.

Slingers

I see what you mean about the corners, I see magenta corners and vignetting. Here is a quick shot and a quick attempt to remove the corner issues.

I think it is workable even though I went a little too green and if the test shot wasn't very challenging to the corner issues.

Last edited: