The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

J

JohnW

From today; windowreflection.

Very nice, Michiel. Love the angle of her head and dreamy absorption in what we can only imagine.

FWIW, I find you street/people work much more engaging than your natural and urban landscapes. By comparison, the latter seem relatively lifeless to me. No offence intended; just a personal reaction and probably more about my vision than yours. People = life, I guess. At least for me.

John

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks you, John.

People in streetscenes tell a more direct story - and people like storys - but the absense of people can tell a story as well, besides the plain estetics such a photograph can have.
Most landscapes I photograph and citys are man made and therefore tell a lot about people as well without people directly acting in the scenes.

At least that's the way I look at it.

BTW In most of these photographs the appearance of people walking in the frame are a bonus. I choose the scene already and let things happen.

I can't remember who said that but a lot of photography is about waiting.

Anyway thanks for your effort to react on my pictures.

Michiel Schierbeek

Pfff... This thread takes for ever to load, it's getting to long.

I like the last two, Philippe! The second one makes me think of the little harbour of Le Treport in our neighbourhood.

Here is another one from yesterday.