The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What IS the best UWA solution for FF Sony bodies?

JimBuchanan

Not really knowing the Sony FF camera, I submit this 15mm possibility. Sometimes hard to find and requiring an adapter of some sort, I always wanted to try it with a Canon 5D, but the mirror is in the way.

jonoslack

Hi Kit
I'm a fan of the Sigma super wides - The 12-24 is a fine lens - of course, you'll need to stop down at 12mm, but other than that I think it's fine.
I also like the 10-20 f3.5 - fine lens, but of course it's for aps/c sensors

They're not too expensive either, and in my experience the QC of Sigma lenses is a bit of an internet myth.

all the best

Lonnie Utah

Hi Kit
I'm a fan of the Sigma super wides - The 12-24 is a fine lens - of course, you'll need to stop down at 12mm, but other than that I think it's fine.
I also like the 10-20 f3.5 - fine lens, but of course it's for aps/c sensors

They're not too expensive either, and in my experience the QC of Sigma lenses is a bit of an internet myth.
On the other end of the spectrum, I've got the Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 (based on Dave Kilpatrick's review at photoclubalpha). I've been very pleased with it. There are some flare issues when you shoot close to the sun, but I don't do that with that lens very often....

I'll agree with the QC issue.