The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX7 on copter

V

Vivek

Beautiful! I should start saving up for one of these hexacopters! :)

pegelli

Very cool hot, love the video :thumbs:

How do you stream the pictures back to the ground so you can properly "direct" the camera?

hot

Very cool hot, love the video :thumbs:

How do you stream the pictures back to the ground so you can properly "direct" the camera?
It's not my copter, my quad is in "statu nascendi" - same video quality with SONY TX100, 140gr, € 270, 1920x1080/60p

You can either use for FPV (first person view) AV- or HDMI-connection to video transmitter (1.2, 2.4 or 5.8 GHz), then you can see "original" on monitor (and video on SDHC) or you use a $8-camera (2x2x2 cm) as "eye" (like in video), then you will see a "bad" video (380 .. 420 .. 520 lines) and camera takes HD video on SDHC.

Camera is movable per rc transmitter 1-axis (that's enough), 2-axis or 3-axis.
There also is possible 3-axis-gyro for camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlwaXfQlY84

etrigan63

I am going to to be building one of these with my son as a summer project.

Whole thing comes to under $1K including the camera. Completely DIY though.

More info at Aeroquad.com

ecsh

I do these for a living. With the stablilization systems you can add now, you can park the quad or heli wherever you want, then move the gimbals yourself using the downlink to the eye glasses to see what the camera is seeing.
Joe

ecsh

For the money, its not bad. I like the skid bar and tube landing gear it uses, instead of the spindly wheel types on others. What you dont realize is most of the controllers and motors are cheap really, its the other software you are paying for. It is robust with the arm design it uses, but its not the lightest out there either, especially against the units which use carbon fiber arms to support the motors.
Joe