The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7 now in stock at WEX (UK)

jonoslack

Congratulations - I got mine from them as well.
How're you getting on (mine took a little while to get it's knickers out of a twist!).
all the best

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Jono

Working fine - refused to shoot intitiallly but now rocking. Not had much time to try it out but I like the setup out of the box. As I almost always shoot Aperture priority / Raw, I can quickly adjust aperture, exposure comp, and ISO using the dials, so I'm good to go. Only issue is slight lack of lenses....Glynis has my macro on the 5n, and I have the kit zoom and pancake on the 7, but I feel I will need to stump up for the Zeiss when it becames available.

Also quite like the viewfinder, works better than I had expected.

More tomorrow...

Cheers
Quentin

jonoslack

Hi Jono

Working fine - refused to shoot intitiallly but now rocking. Not had much time to try it out but I like the setup out of the box. As I almost always shoot Aperture priority / Raw, I can quickly adjust aperture, exposure comp, and ISO using the dials, so I'm good to go. Only issue is slight lack of lenses....Glynis has my macro on the 5n, and I have the kit zoom and pancake on the 7, but I feel I will need to stump up for the Zeiss when it becames available.

Also quite like the viewfinder, works better than I had expected.

More tomorrow...

Cheers
Quentin
Mine also refused to shoot to start with . . . and kept asking to have the date put in again . . . and then it was all okay, and still is. Interestingly, we tried two in the shop, and the other one did the same thing. Odd - maybe the internal battery was flat?

Terry

When I first put the battery in mine seemed dead. Took a 5N battery and it started up fine. Surprised that the battery would be totally dead. Charged it and I seem to be fine today.

Quentin_Bargate

I think it is an internal battery issue. It charges from the main battery and takes a few minute to do so. Had the same iussue with the 5n.

Terry

I think it is an internal battery issue. It charges from the main battery and takes a few minute to do so. Had the same iussue with the 5n.
Makes sense. I bet some of these cameras right now are from the pre flood production stash so they've been sitting for quite a while.