The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FYI: Radio with Sony Mount & Pass thru TTL

fotografz

Just finished testing a Phottix Strato-II Multi Radio system that has a built-in Sony hot shoe mount ... and the transmitter features pass through TTL!

Mounts and unmounts with a button like the Sony flashes. Fast!

No adapters needed! :thumbs:

Seems really well made, available on Amazon for $99 a set ... for transmitter and receiver ... has a PC port and comes with an array of PC cords and studio strobe connections. 4 channels and 4 groups.

Transmitter is Sony mount top and bottom. Receiver has standard hot shoe mount and 1/4" screw mount for stands on the bottom ... and a Sony mount on top for strobists type applications with your Sony speed-light.

I purchased a set and an extra receiver. Worked with two 58s off camera and a little 20 in the hot shoe on top of the transmitter for TTL fill.

Finally some accessory makers are making stuff in Sony mount. :)

Here are some shots of it in action ... the room pic was to test distance and obstructions ... my house is a fortress where cell phones often don't work ... so I put the off-camera flash 140' down and around a corner hidden in the back of another room, and it fired every time.

-Marc

V

Vivek

Marc, The price, $99 for a set, is by far the best.

There is a "Pixel King" brand from PRC that costs >$150.