Site Sponsors

Thread: Fun with M42 screw mount to Sony NEX w/ MF lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Fun with M42 screw mount to Sony NEX w/ MF lenses

I just got my M42 screw mount to Sony NEX adapter ($12 from Big-IS on eBay). I wanted to use the NEX-3 w/ MF lenses. Se result using my Vivitar 28mm f2.5 and Pentax Super-Takumar 135mm f3.5 lenses. I like the black color of the adapter - makes a pretty seamless package. I just upgraded the NEX-3 firmware to version 5.0 so that I can use the contrast "peaking mode" when MF these lenses - super easy. Sony gets the live view process right for manual focusing. I love that the image on the LCD gets brighter as you change aperature or ISO to mimic the final image.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with M42 screw mount to Sony NEX w/ MF lenses

Thanks for bringing up this thread. I have advance ordered an Nex 7, but in advance I purchased an m42--nex adapter. I have a bunch of Pentax lenses from 24mm to 500mm. The 500 is a monster f4.5 from eBay with fungus on an internal element; it is off to a lens repair shop. Bit of a gamble, but I purchased very, very cheaply, hoping it can be repaired. If it can be repaired, I will show what an NEX 7 looks like on the other end of a vintage Takumar 500mm f4.5!
    Regards
    Dave