The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M42 screw mount to Sony NEX w/ MF lenses

Erik_A

I just got my M42 screw mount to Sony NEX adapter ($12 from Big-IS on eBay). I wanted to use the NEX-3 w/ MF lenses. Se result using my Vivitar 28mm f2.5 and Pentax Super-Takumar 135mm f3.5 lenses. I like the black color of the adapter - makes a pretty seamless package. I just upgraded the NEX-3 firmware to version 5.0 so that I can use the contrast "peaking mode" when MF these lenses - super easy. Sony gets the live view process right for manual focusing. I love that the image on the LCD gets brighter as you change aperature or ISO to mimic the final image.

gurtch

Thanks for bringing up this thread. I have advance ordered an Nex 7, but in advance I purchased an m42--nex adapter. I have a bunch of Pentax lenses from 24mm to 500mm. The 500 is a monster f4.5 from eBay with fungus on an internal element; it is off to a lens repair shop. Bit of a gamble, but I purchased very, very cheaply, hoping it can be repaired. If it can be repaired, I will show what an NEX 7 looks like on the other end of a vintage Takumar 500mm f4.5!
Regards
Dave