The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SonyStyle NEX 7 Order Update

N

nocavat

was told yesterday by sony style delivery/shipping march 2nd again and they upgraded shipping at no cost.

gurtch

I was also told feb 17.i emailed them yesterday with my order number to check status, and was told it is now march 2! Go figure.
Dave in nj

N

nocavat

just got a telephone call from sony, my nex 7 kit order was promised march 2, now they cancelled the order and reordered it to ship 3/26, credit card not charged yet, free shipping is my bonus for waiting so patiently...

shermanb

I'm in Canada and my kit has just shipped. Might just refuse the shipment as I've already got my hands on the body.

alphaman

I pre-ordered my NEX 7 from a normally reliable retailer before Christmas and subsequently canceled when they advised of an indefinate delay. They still do not have any stock, but I was lucky enough to get one from another well known UK supplier who had just 4 in stock in the entire UK! For some strange reason my local branch had one of them (we are quite cut off here and usually don't get early supplies of new equipment). NEX 7's are pretty rare around here and so I count myself as being very fortunate to have found one.:)

scho

Finally managed to find a NEX7 body in stock at B&H 3 days ago. Promptly ordered and delivered yesterday. Cancelled my long standing (since 8/23/11) order with Amazon.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
just got a telephone call from sony, my nex 7 kit order was promised march 2, now they cancelled the order and reordered it to ship 3/26, credit card not charged yet, free shipping is my bonus for waiting so patiently...
They did the same thing to me . Ordered on 1/1/12 charge authorized on amex ,received update around 1/30 indicated shipping on 2/10 on 2/17 they canceled the order. Credit card date expiration date changed at end of January. Ok this can happened but normally I get an email requesting an updated card . The clincher though was that they said I could reorder thru sales ...and start the process all over . No ability to create a priority order .

They called back the next day indicating that they could ship me one on 3/26? A quick check of the website showed a delivery date of 3/5 for new orders.

Done with ordering anything thru Sony . I should have known better they have had terrible customer service for years.

Lisa

I ordered one (body only) from Sony several weeks ago, and received an email yesterday that it had just been shipped. They *are* shipping them finally...

Lisa

N

nocavat

got an email my kit is being shipped from sony on the 23 rd. hopefully this is the final delay!!!!

gurtch

b&h and amazon seems to be filling orders.
B&H now states they are taking pre-orders, and there is "limited release". I have a pre-order with them, and am still waiting. I cancelled my long standing pre-order with Sony, because they changed anticipated ship date three times.
Dave

hodad66

I had a preorder for the "7" kit at B&H but didn't make the first shipment. Then
someone on DP announced that bodies could be ordered, I did & it should be
here on Wednesday! I'm keeping my kit order in until I know that the body is
operating properly. If the kit comes available soon I may send the body back
as the price of the kit lens is a deal.

losta

I ordered the NEX-7 Kit from Sony Style over 6 months ago on August 28th. I have since received many emails of order delays. The last one was sent Monday 2/27 saying it will ship 3/2. Well, 3/2 came and went no updates from Sony and myself and several others who received the email called and were given incomplete info while the order status remains the same as it has for 6 months. It's hard to understand how B&H has already shipped a bunch (that were ordered in February) while Sony itself can't seem to communicate or get some cameras ordered 6 months ago out the door.

hodad66

Doesn't seem to make sense does it? My initial order (2/8/2012) was
for a body only from Sony Style but the more I thought about paying
tax, the less I liked it. I cancelled and ordered the kit from B&H. Now
the body is on it's way and I'm amazed that people who ordered last
year are still waiting...... amazing. :loco:

Terry

I ordered the NEX-7 Kit from Sony Style over 6 months ago on August 28th. I have since received many emails of order delays. The last one was sent Monday 2/27 saying it will ship 3/2. Well, 3/2 came and went no updates from Sony and myself and several others who received the email called and were given incomplete info while the order status remains the same as it has for 6 months. It's hard to understand how B&H has already shipped a bunch (that were ordered in February) while Sony itself can't seem to communicate or get some cameras ordered 6 months ago out the door.
As far as I know kits haven't shipped at all (except a few before the floods). The only thing I've seen shipped is bodies. Obviously Sony is having more trouble getting the lens production ramped back up. The 50mm lens was also months late and it just started shipping over the past week. Do you honestly think this is the way Sony wanted the launch to go? The people in Thailand and their well being seem to be more important than a shipping date for cameras.

Terry

I'm keeping my kit order in until I know that the body is operating properly. If the kit comes available soon I may send the body back as the price of the kit lens is a deal.
I'm sure B&H would be thrilled to read this.