The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SonyStyle NEX 7 Order Update

Terry

Looks like my credit card just got charged by SonyStyle for a NEX7 body only ordered back in October. If you have orders outstanding with them you may want to check and see the status.

Also, since B&H took a bunch of pre-orders last week dealers might also be getting a batch really soon.

Last edited:

Terry

Same order date and yes, on truck for delivery. I will have a happy friend when I deliver this one. I scored one from B&H before x-mas.

hot

I've ordered my NEX7 at end of october - no water in Thailand :D
and got it yesterday from my dealer. Took me 10 minutes, paying cash.
Sony price -29%.

It's a nice dealer - if it would be snowing on Dec.24th, 12 o'clock, there would be additional -50% discount.

Would I live at Innsbruck/Tyrol, there it was snowing and price of NEX7 (or other things bought 2 weeks before Xmas)
was Sony-price -29% (preorder) and -50% = ONE THIRD (!) of Sony-price. Dealer had an insurrance for snowing, hehehehehe.

But now I've my NEX7 + Tamron 18-200 & I am a happy man. I inserted a charged $8.80 China-battery & SDHC card,
Tokina 18-200 and made 360 pictures. Battery shows now 45% power - it is 50% stronger (1600mAh) than 10x priced Sony battery.

gurtch

I preordered body and lens from the Sony store. It would be a shame if my order is delayed further. If they had notified me I could get body only, I would have jumped at it! Silver kit lenses are readily available. I assume the hold up is the black kit lens. I could care less what color it is. Sony is not handling this vey well.
Dave in NJ

gurtch

I preordered body and lens from the Sony store. It would be a shame if my order is delayed further. If they had notified me I could get body only, I would have jumped at it! Silver kit lenses are readily available. I assume the hold up is the black kit lens. I could care less what color it is. Sony is not handling this vey well.
Dave in NJ
I received an email from Sony stating my preorder is now scheduled to ship Feb 17. My birthday is Feb 20. That would be a wonderfull birthday! In my case, it is a little bit of a special day because I will turn 75 yrs old. FEB 20 is a special day for me and Ansel Adams (not kidding, also his birthday.....look it up!!).
Dave
MODERN PICTORIALS

Rich M

I received an email from Sony stating my preorder is now scheduled to ship Feb 17. My birthday is Feb 20. That would be a wonderfull birthday! In my case, it is a little bit of a special day because I will turn 75 yrs old. FEB 20 is a special day for me and Ansel Adams (not kidding, also his birthday.....look it up!!).
Dave
MODERN PICTORIALS
Dave.......congratulations are in order.......here's a toast to 75!! :salute:

R

ecsh

I hope the date is accurate, but, based on Sonys passed emails on the date i am hesitant to believe it. I got the same email.:ROTFL:
Joe

N

nocavat

i got the same email, but when i sign into my account it doesnt say feb 17 for shipping and my credit card hasnt been charged yet???

gurtch

I agree it is difficult to know what to think. After I ordered mine I received the following dates: On 12/20/2011 I was told shipping would be 4/3/2012
On 12/23/2011 I was told shipping would be 3/2/2012
On 2/5/2012 I was told 2/17/2012
Good luck all!
Dave

sflxn

I just checked my preorder on BH. It says the camera is in stock and my order was sent to the warehouse. Crossing my fingers. Hope it arrives next week.

N

nocavat

i emailed sony style customer service, my email saying feb 17th delivery was wrong, now they say march 2, it was for the nex 7 kit with 18-55

jthurs

Ordered NEX-7 kit in October. I too received the Feb 17 e-mail. Called today 2/13 -- they told me March 2nd. Please update if you hear different.