The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX7 + Tamron 18-200

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Cool: outstanding at this size—how do they hold up bigger? Very nice—I am assuming that you like the lens?

:)

hot

Yes, TAMRON's are good, but I was surprised who well 18-200 works with NEX7.
It's a perfect combination. It is not too big, not too heavy.

Quentin_Bargate

Cool: outstanding at this size—how do they hold up bigger? Very nice—I am assuming that you like the lens?

:)
Pin sharp across most of the frame using the 18-200mm Tamron on a Nex-7. Simply a near perfect combo, as Hot says. Some distortion to deal with but less CA.

hot

Re: NEX7 + flash

YONGNUO flash, less than $50, power 7 steps, slave function ...

yatlee

Re: NEX7 + flash

YONGNUO flash, less than $50, power 7 steps, slave function ...

I believe this only allow M mode for flash trigger and how do you use the viewfinder at night with the viewfinder/LCD turn dimmer to compensate the flash?

V

Vivek

Yat, As Douglas pointed out earlier in another discussion, you can set the "setting effect" to "Off" to make the LCD/EVF usable.

hot

NEX7 + Samyang 8mm

NEX7 + Samyang 8mm ... photos out of camera ... temperature -15°C

hot

Re: NEX7 + Tamron 18-200 + Yongnuo

Triggering of Yongnuo flash with NEX7 built in flash + infrared

hot

NEX7 + Tamron 18-200 + Yongnuo 460II ($46 - M/S1/S2, 7 steps of power)

Of course you get Yongnuo with Sony mount, but it is simpler to connect standard to Sony than vice versa.