The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX7 + Fujian 35mm/1.7

hot

Macro rings (1 or 2) are nice to make macro photos (I use them often).

I prefer adapters with thick edge, they are easier to remove.

madmaxmedia

My Fotasy 35mm (same as Fujian) is very sharp...in a tiny central portion of the image. Just like Rawfa's images he's posted here.

I don't get how these images have much larger central sharpness area.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Here are a few shots I took at the beach with my CCTV 35/1.7. To get sharpness across a broader area, you have to stop down significantly.

@f1.7:

@f1.7:

@ f5.6:

@f8:

HeavyDuty

My Fujian 35/1.7 arrived today (in a padded envelope with no box! :eek: ). It looks good, but one thing I immediately noticed is that the aperture doesn't seem quite right. It's more or less round from f/1.7 through f/4, starts getting oblong at f/5.6, and then becomes rectangular in about a 1:2 proportion until it closes completely by f/16.

I don't plan on shooting this lens much stopped down, but I'm curious if this is normal behavior or if I have a wonky copy. Can people that have these lenses check and let me know if theirs are the same?

Thanks!

madmaxmedia

Mike those beach pics are great. They accentuate the 'features' of the lens perfectly, especially the sunset reflections on the water in the last pic.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
madmaxmedia - thanks for the compliments. The nice light really helped that day.

Ken - I had the same exact aperture behavior on my copy of the lens. Just write it off as a "feature" of a $30 lens :)

pegelli

Great shots hot, seems to give very good detail rendering and pleasing colours. I like #2 and the last best.

Do you have any experience with the Fujian 25/1.4 or Wesley 24/1.4 on the nex, especially interested in vignetting and overall image quality. They seem very reasonably prices at MX camera's.