The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small case for 5N with the EVF attached

jfirneno

Anything out there that will protect the camera with the EVF attached but isn't too bulky. Thanks in advance for any tips,

Regards,
John

hot

Take your camera, go to next supermarket ... and buy a bag.
Asking 1000 people in internet is like: "should I drink my tea with sugar or without sugar"

jfirneno

Asking 1000 people in internet is like: "should I drink my tea with sugar or without sugar"
Thank you for your insight.

Okay, if anyone has any actual options they've located I'd be interested. Pictures obviously encouraged.

Regards,
John

jfirneno

I'm using the Op/Tech Digital D Soft Pouch.

OP/TECH USA Digital D Soft Pouch, Offset (Black) 7401034 B&H

I bought it before I got the EVF and it was slightly large, with the EVF it's slightly small. I have to stretch the neoprene a bit to close both the snaps that hold it closed. It's lightweight, protective and I can easily crumple it up and jam it into a pocket when I want it out of the way.
Andy:
Thanks very much for your suggestion. Does the tight fit put any stress on the EVF? I worry about that item being damaged.

Thanks
John

douglasf13

That's funny, because I find most opinions on this forum very helpful, but I don't recall a single post from you being usefull. Go figure...

douglasf13

I'm using the Op/Tech Digital D Soft Pouch.

OP/TECH USA Digital D Soft Pouch, Offset (Black) 7401034 B&H

I bought it before I got the EVF and it was slightly large, with the EVF it's slightly small. I have to stretch the neoprene a bit to close both the snaps that hold it closed. It's lightweight, protective and I can easily crumple it up and jam it into a pocket when I want it out of the way.
Cool. Haven't seen that one. Ordered.

AnselAndy

Andy:
Thanks very much for your suggestion. Does the tight fit put any stress on the EVF? I worry about that item being damaged.

Thanks
John
You're welcome! I was a little worried about the tight fit putting stress on the EVF since it is quite a pricey item and I am always very careful with my gear. But the pressure applied by the stretched neoprene is pretty nominal. I've used the case a couple of months - and about 20 miles of hiking and 4000 miles of driving - no ill effects at all.

BTW I keep the lens hood on the kit lens the "right" way. If you are worried about it, you can reverse the lens hood, which takes less room in the case, and then there's practically no pressure on the EVF.

AA

jfirneno

You're welcome! I was a little worried about the tight fit putting stress on the EVF since it is quite a pricey item and I am always very careful with my gear. But the pressure applied by the stretched neoprene is pretty nominal. I've used the case a couple of months - and about 20 miles of hiking and 4000 miles of driving - no ill effects at all.

BTW I keep the lens hood on the kit lens the "right" way. If you are worried about it, you can reverse the lens hood, which takes less room in the case, and then there's practically no pressure on the EVF.

AA
Thanks, Andy. I'll look into that one.

Regards,
John

douglasf13

I just received this little case. Since I use rangefinder lenses, there is some slack in there, but that is ok, because I can still snap it closed with my EVF and a leather half case attached to my 5N. I've been looking for something like this for those times where I don't bring a bag, and this seems to be a great little option. Thanks for the recommendation!

jfirneno

Well guys, I got my case in the mail today. It's just what the doctor ordered. It's snug over the EVF but I believe it's fine. It's an excellent size. I leave the strap external and hang it at my side and it has just enough padding to protect it. Thanks for the excellent suggestion Andy.

Regards
John