The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

where to send my a900 for repair?

jaehoppa

Nothing serious. The rear dial is not functioning properly. It's registering more clicks than actually rotated. For instance, when i look thru the pictures and rotate the rear dial only a few clicks the pictures would scroll endlessly. Same thing with changing the aperture. This doesnt happen all the time.

I was wondering if i should send this to sony or get it fixed at a local camera shop because im not the original owner and i dont have the original receipt. Would sony still still fix it?
thanks.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Not knowing where you live makes this difficult to answer. Personally I have found Sony in Toronto to be very good, if a little slow, for both warranty and non-warranty work.

Bill

GrahamB

You can easily fix your skipping control wheel problem yourself. Get a can of CRC QD Electronic cleaner (http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05101-QD-Electronic-Cleaner/dp/B000CCMLD0/ref=pd_sim_auto_1). The amazon link is for illustrative purposes, you should be able to purchase a can locally at an auto parts store (I know the O'Reilly auto parts chain carry this). You can find similar products (electronic contact cleaner) from various manufacturers, and they should work as well. If you're using a different brand, make sure it's "quick dry" and "plastic safe".

Attach the included tube to the nozzle, hold the camera inverted, and spray a burst on the top and bottom of the wheel. Work the wheel for 20-30 seconds. Your problem should be corrected. If not, repeat.

Graham