The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

nex 7 and which lens in my wardrobe

danlindberg

I have:

1. Leica 35/2.8 Sumaron with goggles. Can I unscrew the goggles and use it on the nex?

2. Contax G. 45/2 Planar.

3. Contax/Yashica 45/2.8 Tessar T pancake & 50/1.7 Planar T.

With these lenses in the wardrobe, if you were to get only one adaptor for your new nex 7, what would be your choice and why?

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
I would use the Contax G 45mm f2 because it is near perfect.
Sharp from f2 on, no magenta corners nor corner smearing, has a short minimum focus distance and is relatively small.

Other wise you could invest in the smaller Minolta Rokkor M 40mm f2 for Leica M Mount but it is not as sharp as the 45mm wide open and has less contrast (this has good and bad sides but overall I like good contrast).

The Rokkor goes for about 300 € and a Leica M adapter can be found cheap on ebay.

Looks like this on a 5-n

Greets,

Ingo

1. not sure about the goggles - I think I saw the 135 with goggs on a nex.

2. stellar lens, wonky adapter.

3. inexpensive c/y adapters work fine.

DrCrane

No question, if you plunk down some cash to find a good adapter (I like the Kipon), I can not highly enough recommend the G45.

Small, light, fast and most of all SHARP as Hell...