The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lenses that should be re-issued for the NEX

alphaman

The idea is to collect a set of suggestions of lenses currently made that could be re-issued for NEX.

My suggestion is the Tamron 60/2.

This lens could be made into a close focusing 60/2 portrait lens with an optional tube to give it 1:1 macro (bit like the old Tamron 90 2.5 adaptall).

This would very neatly fill a gap in the market and would compliment the existing Zeiss 24/1.8 and sony 50/1.8.

Any other suggestions?

V

Vivek

These are the lenses I would like to see as E-primes:

1. A 30/1.4 or 30/1.2 "normal" lens- preferably an E-Sonnar.

2. A 70mm f/1.8 (not a 60/2, that is too close to the very good 50/1.8, IMO).

3. Though not a lens, a proper T/S adapter for the NEX. Either Sony make one or support the endeavor from a 3rd party.

Needless to say, I would like all in mat black finish rather than blinking silver or orange. :D

I hope the Sigma 19/2.8 isn't like the Sony 16/2.8. That would fill a gap.

alphaman

The original idea was for a existing lens modified/re-manufactured for the NEX rather than a lens wish-list, per say.

To that end I'd suggest the Minolta 100/2 re-manufactured by Sony but in a NEX mount.

roweraay

Would like a high quality version of the Sony 16-80 Carl Zeiss to be re-issued for the E-mount. Seems like something similar is on the way, as per their roadmap.

V

Vivek

The original idea was for a existing lens modified/re-manufactured for the NEX rather than a lens wish-list, per say.

To that end I'd suggest the Minolta 100/2 re-manufactured by Sony but in a NEX mount.
Oops, sorry about that!

In that case:

1. A modern version of the Minolta Rokkor 24/2.8 VFC.

2. Minolta AF 3X-1X macro zoom.