The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the 50mm f/1.8 E-Mount lens

ustein

Contributing Editor
Anybody got the 50mm f/1.8 E-Mount lens?

If so, how is it on NEX-7 and 5N?

Last edited by a moderator:

TimWright

Re: Anybody got the 50mm f/1.8 E-Mount lens?

Yes I picked one up on saturday. On the NEX7 it seems very good so far. I have only tried a few shots with it but for the price it seems worthwhile.

Awesome Jaladhi. Let me know how it goes. I've been very curious about this lens since I tend to use my minolta 50mm 1.4 quite a bit and wouldn't mind AF on occasion. Maybe we can do a swap sometime and see how they compare...

Mine is arriving on Monday.

m_driscoll

Mine just arrived yesterday. Image quality (only a couple of shots) seems very good. I'll need some more time to see if it replaces the 24mm f/1.8 that's always on my 7.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

gurtch

I ordered mine feb 9 from Sony store in us. I received an email that it shipped today (thursday, feb 24) via FedEx. Delivery will be Saturday. I have no body to hang it on yet (march 2 scheduled).
Regards
Dave in nj

FlypenFly

From Photozone early samples, it looks like there's lots of CA and purple fringing... sigh.

ustein

Contributing Editor

>From Photozone early samples, it looks like there's lots of CA and purple fringing... sigh.

where are these samples, link please?

m_driscoll

Uwe: These both look great to me. Nice detail and color. I still haven't processed anything with the 50 f/1.8. They're going to have to re-do that weather resistive barrier.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

ustein

Contributing Editor

I think I can get quite nice results with DxO 7.2.1 (even without the 50mm supported by an own lens module).

jfirneno

Mr Steinmueller, it looks like the 50 1.8 takes a nice picture. What camera are these two photos on? What do you think of this lens?

Regards,
John

ustein

Contributing Editor

These are both from the NEX-5N. The black covers are ISO 2000 and the the other ISO 800 at f/3.5.

I think this is a good lens for the money and using the right processing (we use DxO right now) you can get good detail.