The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images)

peterv

Another shot of Steve Mccurry with his famous Afghan girl unauthorized painted on cavas net to him in a night street in Bangkok. Steve was asking if he could get a discount on that piece but that painter claimed "yeah, it is your picture but it is my painting"! Obviously, the deal did not get thru.
Steve Mccurry is a long time good friend of mine and we spent lots of time walking on street often and it is of his personal interests to look for all the wild duplication of his Afghan Girl being interpreted to many different form, once we even saw a tatoo on a girl leg!

Shot with a SONY NEX-5 with 18-55 E lens.

BR,Pingang
Amazing story and wonderful photo! I like the pose of Mr. Mccurry, he seems to take this phenomenon of having his photographs painted with a lot of humor. This image could be on the cover of just about any photo magazine, just great!

Michiel Schierbeek

A series in the twilight of Castro Urdiales, a very nice Spanish city on th Golf of Biskaye.
Everybody hangs out in their finest cloth. From 1 till 100 years old.

Michiel

Dan Ortego

Paul, Thanks. Never had any such problems so far with normal people. Once (3 years ago) during this shot, I was stopped by a young woman (not in the picture) who was curious about why I make photos. She was fine with my explanation...
I really like the shot of the man and woman leaving the building. I used to live in the Netherlands in the 80's and even with that woman's screw-you expression; I find the Dutch women to be quite attractive.

btw: One of these days I'm going to figure out how to properly reply to a post with a 'quote' in this forum.