The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX adapter for use of Sony/Minolta A mount lenses?

gurtch

I purchased an inexpensive NEX to Sony/Minolta AF adapter. I also have the heavier, more complex Sony Translucent Mirror adapter (The LA-EA2). My manual focus 85mm f1.4 Rokinon, in Sony/Minolta mount, will not fit the simpler NEX adapter (I bought it specifically to leave permantly attached to the lens to use with an NEX 7). It will fit on the LA-EA2. Also, my AF Minolta and Sony A leness DO fit the cheap adapter. I have looked at the rear of my Minolta lenses and compared them to the rear of the Rokinon MF lens, and see no obvious difference. Any suggestions? I know I can resort to using the LA-EA2 with the 85 f1.4, but my idea was to leave the cheap converter permantly on the 85mm, and use the LA-EA2 and swap it in the field with my collection of Minolta/Sony AF lenses.
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ

gurtch

Hello all: it now fits. I looked closely, and saw there is a "pin" inside the adapter. On close examination, I noted that the pin's protrusion seemed to keep the lens from seating flatly, right in the vicinity of the pin. I also noted the pin was threaded, and has a small screwdriver slot. I could not turn the screw with a very small screwdriver (too tight), but with needle nosed pliers, I was able to loosen the protruding end enough so I could adjust it's length with a small screwdriver. Voila!-backing off the pin a small amount allows the lens to seat!!!!
All the best
Dave

gurtch

Several people on several forums asked if I could post a picture of the pin in question. Here are three quick & dirty shots.
Dave

Last edited:

hot

I am using a very cheap (same?), but well built adapter and never had any problems with it.