The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7

iiiNelson

Just ordered one from B&H Photo on a whim. I have a regular NEX-5 and I'm hoping this can replace it as my backup to my M9-P until the M10 is released. IF so then the NEX-5 will finally be headed off for IR conversion (I think.) The reason I went with the NEX-7 over the NEX-5N was 100% dependent on the built in EVF and flash. Outside of that I would have preferred the 16MP sensor and micro lenses of the NEX-5N. Hopefully will be posting some shots with my M-mount lenses as I just picked up a Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton II last week as well.

losta

I was thinking on converting my NEX-5 to IR too but then read more about it and found M4/3 bodies do better with IR so I am thinking of converting my old GF1 instead.

I just got my NEX-7 body today. I originally ordered the kit from Sony last August (the first day it was available to order) and I still haven't gotten that but I got fed up waiting ordered a body only Monday and it arrived today. I have similar gear to you M9, 35cron, 50 ZM. What adapter are you going to use for your M lenses on the NEX-7?

iiiNelson

...and through an series of unforeseen events this NEX-7 has become a Sony A77 + 16-50 kit with a 70-200mm/ 2.8 lens. For the times I need a DSLR. Was debating between that lens and the Zeiss 85/1.4 but I decided I could just use the 90 Summicron on the NEX-5 for that "135mm" look.