Site Sponsors

Thread: NEX-7

Post Thanks / Like

NEX-7

Just ordered one from B&H Photo on a whim. I have a regular NEX-5 and I'm hoping this can replace it as my backup to my M9-P until the M10 is released. IF so then the NEX-5 will finally be headed off for IR conversion (I think.) The reason I went with the NEX-7 over the NEX-5N was 100% dependent on the built in EVF and flash. Outside of that I would have preferred the 16MP sensor and micro lenses of the NEX-5N. Hopefully will be posting some shots with my M-mount lenses as I just picked up a Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton II last week as well.
    Sony A7 | Sony A7R-FS | 25 Distagon Batis FE | 35 Nokton II | 35 Distagon FE | 55 Sonnar FE | 85 Sonnar Batis FE | 135 Sonnar Alpha | Panasonic G1 | Panasonic 14-45

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEX-7

I was thinking on converting my NEX-5 to IR too but then read more about it and found M4/3 bodies do better with IR so I am thinking of converting my old GF1 instead.

I just got my NEX-7 body today. I originally ordered the kit from Sony last August (the first day it was available to order) and I still haven't gotten that but I got fed up waiting ordered a body only Monday and it arrived today. I have similar gear to you M9, 35cron, 50 ZM. What adapter are you going to use for your M lenses on the NEX-7?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Voigtlander E to M adapter.
    Sony A7 | Sony A7R-FS | 25 Distagon Batis FE | 35 Nokton II | 35 Distagon FE | 55 Sonnar FE | 85 Sonnar Batis FE | 135 Sonnar Alpha | Panasonic G1 | Panasonic 14-45

Post Thanks / Like

...and through an series of unforeseen events this NEX-7 has become a Sony A77 + 16-50 kit with a 70-200mm/ 2.8 lens. For the times I need a DSLR. Was debating between that lens and the Zeiss 85/1.4 but I decided I could just use the 90 Summicron on the NEX-5 for that "135mm" look.

Post Thanks / Like

you've gone the Jono path.